• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MartinLogan Remakes Motion Series Speakers

Beave

Major Contributor
You made the claim. Now you won't support it.

SnakeOil

You made the claim. Now you won't support it.
I didn’t claim anything. I never wrote a review in my live. I read them. Subjective You Tube reviews. There is a lot of them Erins is one of them. Some I agree with some I don’t. That’s it

Beave

Major Contributor
When asked about Erin's measurements, you wrote this: "They are no more reliable then his subjective review."

That is a claim.

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Looks or sounds? Maybe you should listen for yourself and form your own opinion.
With that rise, both. This isn't hard when the measurements show what is audible. This isn't some narrow band that many wouldn't hear...

OldManMatt

When I had these bookshelves there were no objective reviews available on them, I didn't have any way to measure the speaker at the time so I had to rely on my ears. I did see a couple subjective reviews that seemed to give them decent praise.

After seeing Erin's review I feel it correlated to what I was hearing. The speaker was a little too energetic up top for me. Never distorted, shrill, or unpleasant..just didn't fit my more balanced or sometimes laid back preference. I've had people say my current living room speaker sounds veiled to them, and I think those people would like something like these Martin Logan bookshelves.

Anyway, I do believe the data Erin provided fell in line and explained what I was hearing. Without any data at the time that I had them I made the mistake of trying to add more bass to the situation, when I should have been bringing the front end down to my tastes. I was using the limited PEQ on my dac as well as the app on my SVS Pro to bring up the mid to bottom end and I didn't care for the results.

Shortly after I returned the speakers I got my mic back, and eventually picked up a used minidsp ddrc-22d. I do wonder how much I would have liked the Logan's with added EQ to my tastes, as there were some things I really enjoyed about those speakers. I don't feel that there is any reason to question Erin's data though, I feel it was spot on. I read Amir's review and don't remember there being a difference between the 2 reviews, but I will have to revisit it.

I feel like if you see an objective review on speakers and don't agree or think your speaker performs differently maybe it's just your room. Or you just prefer a certain type of sound..and nothing wrong with that. What's bright or boomy in one room could be different in another. Not too long ago Erin did a review on the Polk R200. He basically said it was a subpar speaker if I remember correctly. In my room with my measurements I had a completely different outcome with them. Mine had excess bass, his measurements showed no bass. I really liked those speakers but I didn't really question Erin's data. That's what he got off the pair he had.

Top Bottom