• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

March Audio Purchases?

jjk

Forum Donor
Any experiences dealing with Alan at March Audio?
I ordered ten days ago and I'm not that impressed with the communication.
How were any of your comm experiences and how long before your gear was delivered?
Thanks, Happy New Year to all.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
He posts here: @March Audio You may have to allow for the fact that he is in Australia.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
How were any of your comm experiences and how long before your gear was delivered?

Hi @jjk

We pride ourselves in having prompt communication with our customers.

I am concerned you feel this way. Can you please contact me via email if you have any concerns so I can look into your order, I don't know who you are from your post here. We have not received any emails over the past few days regarding order enquiries.

Also, please bear in mind that we, our suppliers and shipping agencies are in the midst of the holiday season which does slow things down.

Best regards

Alan

[email protected]

Last edited:
OP
jjk

jjk

Forum Donor

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Yes, I know. Thanks.

What exactly is your communication problem? Not enough communication, not quick enough response, no answer to emails or calls, ???

I don't like the lack of communication with my sons at times either...

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My purchase interaction with Alan was solid. Sometimes he took a day or two to answer questions, but he is on the other side of the world from me.

deafenears

Forum Donor
It should be a given that when you order something during the period leading right up to the busiest time of the year, you expect longer than usual delivery times (and communication). Hell, a lot of eBay stores mark themselves as such or on vacation... Also, there's other tools to chase up on your order - emails, phone number, forum PM, etc. Not sure why you need to create a thread about it.

But, to answer your question, my experiences with March Audio has been really positive.

ta240

Major Contributor
What exactly is your communication problem? Not enough communication, not quick enough response, no answer to emails or calls, ???

I don't like the lack of communication with my sons at times either...

That is my question. Was it not answering questions or just not emailing with every stage of the process. I personally get annoyed by too many updates like the ebay sellers that email with "we are shipping your order". Just be upfront with how long it will take to ship and email me when there is a tracking number

Duckeenie

My purchase interaction with Alan was solid. Sometimes he took a day or two to answer questions, but he is on the other side of the world from me.

Carrier pigeon?

OP
jjk

jjk

Forum Donor
My comms with Alan are in good shape. Thanks very much for everyone's concern. :cool: Looking forward to the amp!

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

direstraitsfan98

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I ordered Harbeth speakers and I had to wait almost 3 months for them. Audio Alliance is a really bad distributor. And Planet of Sound is even worse, they were incredibly rude and offensive to me. Note, planet of sound is simply my local dealer and Audio Alliance is the distributor for many hifi gears on the north american east coast.

OP
jjk

jjk

Forum Donor
I would like to follow up about my March Audio experience.
Alan has been a total professional and a courteous vendor to work with.
When processing was complete, shipping was expeditious and the amp well-packed.
I have the P252 on my desktop, downstream from a Topping DX7 Pro. Awesome combination. Really like the amp.
Alan has also given me some very much appreciated guidance.
Highest recommendation for Alan and March Audio!

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
People should try model trains. More and more companies are producing to pre-order or relying on crowdfunding where you are expected to make a commitment up front. Then delivery schedules can slip by years (and I mean years literally, not figuratively) with poor to non-existent communication. I once ordered a very expensive brass model and had honestly forgotten I had paid a £100 deposit when I got a demand for the rest of the payment over seven years later as they finally got around to making the thing. And if you dare question this on model train forums lots of fan boys for particular manufacturers will denounce you and claim you have some sort of hidden and nefarious agenda. I have to say I find audio infinitely better in every way in terms of buying stuff and manufacturer comms.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
I have the P252 on my desktop, downstream from a Topping DX7 Pro. Awesome combination. Really like the amp.
Thanks JJK

Pleased you are enjoying it :)

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor

I wanted to single this out because all too often a good outcome results in crickets (nothing further stated) so all we hear about are the bad cases. Thank you @jjk for following up! And of course good job by Alan @March Audio for getting to the bottom of everything.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I ordered Harbeth speakers and I had to wait almost 3 months for them. Audio Alliance is a really bad distributor. And Planet of Sound is even worse, they were incredibly rude and offensive to me. Note, planet of sound is simply my local dealer and Audio Alliance is the distributor for many hifi gears on the north american east coast.

My understanding is that most models are on back order. I had to wait a couple of months myself last year, but the dealer explained that to me.

prvisveder

Top Bottom