• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Audio post sales experience

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have posted my experience on this topic in a similar thread. I will NEVER buy any of their schitty gear again. My experience was faulty equipment return and then a promise by their management to fix it at no charge. They blew me off.

OP
A

AudioNewbie

I have posted my experience on this topic in a similar thread. I will NEVER buy any of their schitty gear again. My experience was faulty equipment return and then a promise by their management to fix it at no charge. They blew me off.
It's quite unfortunate. I firmly believe that true customer service truly stands out when a product faces challenges. While speedy shipping and friendly pre-sale emails are nice, they may not truly test exceptional service. The real challenge is that, apart from Emotiva and Schiit, there are scarcely any audiophile brands that directly cater to customers. Emotiva is excellent, but it doesn't quite match Schiit's variety in separates.

EGrunt

Early in 2022 my wife of over 36 years asked me to consider using headphones and I made the move to Schiit audio. I am using the Biforst 2/64 DAC, Lokius EQ, and Folkvangr tube amp since Sept. of 2022. Living in SOCAL I made a trip to the store front and had listen to their products.

In early April the Folkvangr stopped working and it was a quick turnaround. Below is the time line:

Shipped to Schiit: 4/3/23

Schiit Received: 4/4/23

Work started: 4/6/23

Shipped from Schiit: 4/13/23

Received: 4/14/23

I live approximately 130 miles south of the repair facility. I am very happy with after sales support from Schiit. The fix for the amp was deleting the molex connection for the tube heater and directly soldered to the board provided by Schiit.

View attachment 311721View attachment 311722

GPx86

I had a Schiit Hel 2E and I found the volume control had a bad channel mismatch at low volumes. It was right in the volume range where I needed to be for comfortable listening on my headphones. I explained my problem to Schiit support and they took the product back and refunded without any hesitation.

mercifullyfree

Forum Donor
Hey everyone, I'd greatly appreciate hearing about your experiences when it comes to dealing with Schiit Audio after making a purchase. Specifically, I'm interested in knowing how they've managed returns, warranties, and repairs. I've been eyeing their gear as a potential addition to my setup, and your detailed insights would be invaluable in helping me make an informed decision. Your input means a lot! Thanks in advance!
Reprise of my post elsewhere on this same topic, but your query bears repeating...
Kudos to Some Good Schitt
2023 Update from an owner: New Freyer+ with issues. Very quick email back and forth for them to ascertain I really needed service. Shipped to them with repaired unit returned w/in two weeks, including shipping both ways - Very Happy! New stuff breaks sometimes, called the bathtub reliability curve.

Hope that helps.

OP
A

AudioNewbie

Reprise of my post elsewhere on this same topic, but your query bears repeating...
Kudos to Some Good Schitt
2023 Update from an owner: New Freyer+ with issues. Very quick email back and forth for them to ascertain I really needed service. Shipped to them with repaired unit returned w/in two weeks, including shipping both ways - Very Happy! New stuff breaks sometimes, called the bathtub reliability curve.

Hope that helps.
Well, thank you kindly for sharin' your tales of Some Good Schitt and that fancy Freyer+ contraption! It's a hoot to hear your update, and it's a testament to their top-notch service, I'll tell ya. A company that dances to the tune of quick emails and speedy service, now that's like findin' a four-leaf clover in a field of daisies! We all know, newfangled gadgets can sometimes act up, but as they say, it's all part of the "bathtub reliability curve."So, here's a tip o' the hat to Some Good Schitt for keepin' folks happy and their gadgets runnin' smooth as sweet tea on a summer's day. Y'all keep on sharin' those stories; it's what makes the world go 'round!

YouAreBiased

Ive had two items to Schiit service in just the past two months

The first they fixed, for free, and within a week. Great!

The second they shipped back to me telling me nothing was wrong, when in fact - there was definitely something wrong. They really dug their heels in on that one, leaving me unsatisfied and unhappy with the purchase. That one went back.

I tend to suspect the quality of Schiit gear is rather low. Lower than maybe most everything else. Good for the cheap throwaway DACs and such, but I would not pay serious money for anything else in the line. Even Topping and other Chi-Fi feels higher end, in everyday use and experience.

I also tend to believe Schiit is aware of the issues, and asks the customer to deal with more little pops and ticks and buzzes than they should really have to. The guys come off somewhat cool in their writing and online presence, but in actual interaction aloof and arrogant.

OP
A

AudioNewbie

Ive had two items to Schiit service in just the past two months

The first they fixed, for free, and within a week. Great!

The second they shipped back to me telling me nothing was wrong, when in fact - there was definitely something wrong. They really dug their heels in on that one, leaving me unsatisfied and unhappy with the purchase. That one went back.

I tend to suspect the quality of Schiit gear is rather low. Lower than maybe most everything else. Good for the cheap throwaway DACs and such, but I would not pay serious money for anything else in the line. Even Topping and other Chi-Fi feels higher end, in everyday use and experience.

I also tend to believe Schiit is aware of the issues, and asks the customer to deal with more little pops and ticks and buzzes than they should really have to. The guys come off somewhat cool in their writing and online presence, but in actual interaction aloof and arrogant.

Thank you for your insights and sharing your experience with them. I must assert that I am unlikely to invest in an expensive product from a company that compromises on offering direct phone support!

Top Bottom