• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

(Europe) What did you purchase on Black Friday 2023?

zonk

Many offers have been posted recently to the thread "(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales" in order to take advantage to the Black Friday deals.

It would be interesting to know what have you purchased:
- which products have you purchased at which price?
- have been any problems occured?

I purchased:
- Topping PRE90 (refurbished) at 339€.
- Audio Technica PTG II at 449€

I am total happy with my purchase of the PRE90, because I received a unit that look like brand new and works simply perfect. I use it for connecting my active speakers via XLR and feed it with a balanced DAC and Qobuz.
The Audio Technica PTG II was on my bucket list for a long time, and now I am able to complete my Thorens TD320 MKII with TP90 tonearm and the new MC cartridge.

Mike710

On Amazon EU Black Friday sale:
- Topping L50 at 143,65€
- Topping E50 at 169,15€

Very happy with both.

Galliardist

Major Contributor
I bought a three month trial of Roon, just starting to get to grips with it.

And a frying pan lid.

neRok

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I've decided to get an energy efficient mini PC to use for general PC usage, including for when listening to music at night. I measured my PC and monitor the other day and it's using 160W with a few browsers and stuff going, which is too much. I have solar panels and a smart electricity meter, so I can see 30min usage intervals, and pc+stereo uses quite a bit when I'm listening to 10pm and beyond, and there's no solar at that time of day obviously. The mini PC's with Intel N100 look pretty good, using ~15W when running apparently, and my monitor seems to be ~30W, so <50W all up.

I also aim to improve the energy efficiency of my stereo in general. I was considering getting a Fosi V3 to replace the old Emotiva amp I'm using for my sub, but I saw they have a version with balanced inputs on kickstarter, so I will wait for a deal on that. Also I plan to build 2 or 4 new subwoofers in time, but will be going for large high efficiency drivers and somewhat trading performance for efficiency.

Here's a random day from the other week for anyone interested in energy consumption. It seems I used 2kWh listening to music from 6-9pm. I don't have a battery, but I think that level of consumption is pushing it when considering the likes of overnight aircon usage and the general 1kWh used overnight for fridge etc.
energy.jpg

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Black Kef LS60

Another absorber, got 7 of these. The price keeps going up and down. Bought one just below 200 euro, now 300+ euro. Tomorrow?

Ekustik Woody Queen (120x60x15cm). Well built, great absorption, but has a distinct odor to it that takes some time to dissipate.

Attachments

• IMG_0995.jpeg
    IMG_0995.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0994.jpeg
    IMG_0994.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom