• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

March Audio HPA1

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
This seems long over due , but let me take the heat

download (6).jpeg

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Being in drywall iv been coping with the lack of asbestos for a long time now.

I'm prepared.

Still nice knowing you ha ha

On a serious note , this is the truth . We ask manufacturers to voluntarily step in their own inconvenient truth so personally I expect nothing but the same from ourselves.

That's why you can trust us. You can trust me.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Data (measurements) is all we care about.

Don't care about reviews.
The ' we ' is interesting as most of what I read is a reaction to ' interpretation ' . The data itself can be excluding, that's why the SINAD charts and the preference scores in the speaker reviews are so popular.

I don't disagree with ' you ' Id cite the wider readership.

direstraitsfan98

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I will phrase this as nicely as I can but he seems to butt into every thread and confronts people. Personally I find it bizarre that he's the owner of a company that gets lot of free attention here on this site and he gets a pass to go around criticizing everything. I've seen it on audiogon as well, there is this man named George who makes some kind of optical light based attentuator and because he makes what he perceives as the best preamp on earth, he thinks hes some kind of authority on everything. And he does the same thing, goes around on half the threads on the forum, throwing his weight around.

He's Australian too. Go figure.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I will phrase this as nicely as I can but he seems to butt into every thread and confronts people. Personally I find it bizarre that he's the owner of a company that gets lot of free attention here on this site and he gets a pass to go around criticizing everything. I've seen it on audiogon as well, there is this man named George who makes some kind of optical light based attentuator and because he makes what he perceives as the best preamp on earth, he thinks hes some kind of authority on everything. And he does the same thing, goes around on half the threads on the forum, throwing his weight around.

I'd not take it so personally, disagreement was not a crime last time I checked .

I would ask that we try and avoid circular arguments when each side are left repeating themselves forever and ask we use some evidence if we are going to be very assertive about our opinions.

Thanks

Music1969

Major Contributor
would ask that we try and avoid circular arguments

Agreed.

But the way Amir did it here is all that needs to be done. Post the measurements without review and bounce to the next product.

I don't think this approach was critisied in the thread?

So respectfully, your post yesterday contributes to the circular discussion. And it's not needed. There is precedence already with March Audio for a good approach...

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Agreed.

But the way Amir did it here is all that needs to be done. Post the measurements without review and bounce to the next product.

I don't think this approach was critisied in the thread?

So respectfully, your post yesterday contributes to the circular discussion. And it's not needed. There is precedence already with March Audio for a good approach...
There's no circular argument, and folks do moan about it .

Your right there's a caveat in the ' non review ' .

I was not planning on discussing it further, just wanted to be ultra transparent. Possibly it was unnecessary .

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
There's no circular argument, and folks do moan about it .

Your right there's a caveat in the ' non review ' .

I was not planning on discussing it further, just wanted to be ultra transparent. Possibly it was unnecessary .
What we really need to know Is whether March audio products sound good when listening to Polkas ?

Wombat

Master Contributor
Polkas are primarily for the feet rather than the ears, are they not? Are March audio products vibration-proof?
uhmmmm - Copy.gif

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company

Another idiot for ignore. Oh well.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert

George is a quack. Alan is not. I fail to see the parallel other than nationality.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Making ridiculous and unsupported claims about the stuff he's peddling, same as my problem with other audio quacks.

You have to admit, that Lightspeed has a pretty impressive frequency response...:facepalm:

1593056139487.png

Almost infinity. I love it.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Well, you have to admire the fact that it solves numerous non-existent problems.

Top Bottom