• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

March Audio HPA1

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Quote from RME
"One of our testers with very sensitive ears was able to hear the self noise at -115 dBu in our first prototype with highly sensitive Andromeda in-ears, so I had to modify the IEM output stage again, and finally reached -118 dBu. He was satisfied then."
Andromeda is only 112.8db/mw and 12.8ohm a little bit more sensitive than my heaven V.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
105/106dB

Look, I am sure if you try hard enough you can fins some IEMs that are sensitive enough to make some noise audible, but these are the outliers.
My calculation from amir's measurement is 2.8uV for dac out.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
It really needs to be a magnitude under audibility to be complete fine. At the edge or even more than audibility for most relatively sensitive iems is not that great. It's not bad i would say, just that there is room for improvement. Maybe a voltage divider selection on and off while still maintain the advantage of digital volume. Not necessarily has to be automatic like rme.

Last edited:

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
It really needs to be a magnitude under audibility to be complete fine. At the edge or even more than audibility for most relatively sensitive iems is not that great.

That doesnt make sense. Some is either audible or it is not audible. Being a magnitude under audibility makes no additional difference.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
That doesnt make sense. Some is either audible or it is not audible. Being a magnitude under audibility makes no additional difference.
Just to avoid possibility of some individuals and some potential earphones to pass audibility. Personally 0.2uV to 0.6uV is my target.

deafenears

Forum Donor

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
The HPA1 is here and ready to go, I just haven't updated the website yet.

It's been crazy busy over the past month with moving from Perth to Albany and prepping for and exhibiting at the Melbourne show.

I have a bunch of orders to fulfill after the show, so that is priority, but will get the HPA1 in the webshop ASAP.

$475 was a show discount price in AUD. Normal price is $375 usd which is about $550 AUD.

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Nice, is there any measurement? When will it be available?

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
About a week
Yes. :)

1537237019131 (2) (2).png

1537237442046 (1) (1).png

Top Bottom