• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Making your own XLR Mono Bridge Cable

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hey all,

So I swear somewhere I saw an easy DIY guide for modifying one side of an XLR splitter so a user can externally bridge a stereo Hypex module to run as Bridge/Mono. I know how to do it, but am trying to put together or point my customers to an easy DIY guide (including the recommended splitter cable to use for easy access to the wiring to switch).

Anyone have a link to such a guide if I am not crazy?
Otherwise, anyone have suggestions for a splitter I can recommend that is easy for customers to open up and change?

Thanks!

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is taken from the Hypex datasheet.

Hypex BTL.JPG

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Thanks. I was more looking if anyone had made their own step by step (with pictures) for altering the actual XLR cable externally. I know it is as simple as swapping the + and - of one end of a splitter XLR but wanted to provide something very easy for customers to reference. If it doesn't exist I will make one.

fmzip

just curious...
Thanks. I was more looking if anyone had made their own step by step (with pictures) for altering the actual XLR cable externally. I know it is as simple as swapping the + and - of one end of a splitter XLR but wanted to provide something very easy for customers to reference. If it doesn't exist I will make one.
Curious, did you make this document?

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I wonder if someone who has not understood this simple statement should be undertaking the task.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Otherwise, anyone have suggestions for a splitter I can recommend that is easy for customers to open up and change?
It will depend on how easy it is to open/close the connector. I've found it quite easy with Neutrik XLRs.

Top Bottom