• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie D40 Pro DAC & HP Amp Review

Rate this DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 39 15.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 206 80.2%

• Total voters
A Hat trick Day for ASR readers! Thank you @amirm for your dedication to using science and engineering to reveal the truth about Audio Products. Graciously doing this in a non commercial manner. No hidden agenda, no Sponsors to bow down to. No advertisements polluting our reading experience. Pure science and results we can rely upon to tell us the unvarnished truth/facts. Without the money grubbing and disguised pandering to financial interests.

Thank you for your diligent day in and day out dedication to helping the average audio product consumer spend their money wisely and efficiently. You make putting together a SOTA audio system effortless, low cost and risk free. Bravo Zulu Sir. Your compassion and commitment are inspiring.

Please take a day or two off and enjoy some time outside of your Mad Scientist Laboratory. :cool:
This is all true, and the lack of adverts is something that is very pure, which I haven't really latched onto noticing in a conscious way, but subconsciously I think it creates a calmer, focussed, and more credible environment when I think about it......plus of course the lack of financial motivation which is a rare commodity (ha, pardon the use of that juxtaposed economic term!)....I haven't donated this year yet, I'll do that soon, feel I should give a donation for the cause & appreciation.

Not very keen on computer things, I wonder if a usb-c cable from my tab/cellphone streaming in 192kHz on Qobuz entering the unit with this usb post would be recognized and work ?

Not very keen on computer things, I wonder if a usb-c cable from my tab/cellphone streaming in 192kHz on Qobuz entering the unit with this usb post would be recognized and work ?
I do it regularly from the iPad and from android smartphones on topping E30, there is no reason to believe it is any different with this one

This dac/hp amp sounds like a great value for money and I would love to upgrade my D30 to it. But I will not.
It might sound stupid but the same thing happened to me with Topping before. Those companies (and not just them) keeps changing the form factor with every new release. Today I have the D30 stack on top of an A30 at my work desktop setup, being controlled with the same remote.
The D40 Pro will not match the A30 visually and I don't know about the remote control compatability.
Even if I would wish to upgrade the whole stack (which I dont), to my best knowledge Loxjie doesn't offer a matching A40 Pro. I find it hard to understand their strategy in this regard.

This dac/hp amp sounds like a great value for money and I would love to upgrade my D30 to it. But I will not.
It might sound stupid but the same thing happened to me with Topping before. Those companies (and not just them) keeps changing the form factor with every new release. Today I have the D30 stack on top of an A30 at my work desktop setup, being controlled with the same remote.
The D40 Pro will not match the A30 visually and I don't know about the remote control compatability.
Even if I would wish to upgrade the whole stack (which I dont), to my best knowledge Loxjie doesn't offer a matching A40 Pro. I find it hard to understand their strategy in this regard.
But, This is both a headphone amp and a DAC, What other device would you want to stack it with? I think the Idea is you purchase that if you only want one device on your desktop, if you would prefer a stack, you purchase the amp and the dac separately, no?

edit: ha I see what you mean now. A30 is a small speaker amp.

Last edited:
What do you mean by boring ? Because it is transparent to the source and does not add distortion or non-linear frequency reponse ? OR that we already had enough of affordable, excellent measuring amps? Well, the latter is true, but this is has an SOTA DAC and an extremley headphone amp. You will not need more for the next 20 years.
The hearing threshold for transparency has been reached so I’d not see the point going for even lower SINAD. Personally I like distortion in the second harmonics. I tried the topping A90 which i returned because was faulty and had ground looks issues but it didn’t sound any better from a lesser amp with lower SINAD. Anyway, one of the lot because technically these kind of amps are all the same.

Last edited:
Nice performance <-> price ratio.
But the aesthetics... ugh complete showstopper for me.

For the first time, I saw something that would upgrade my E30 L30 II combo... Amazing stuff. BT, internal power supply, truly balanced, tons of power in one s(l)ick package. Amazing.

Well…looks like it is end-game for DACs. For less than 4 Benjamins you get absolute SOA performance. Those interested in pretty cases and color OLED displays might elect to spend some more. One of the venues in life where knowledge (read ASR) buys you so much more for so much less. Thank you Amir.

Well…looks like it is end-game for DACs. For less than 4 Benjamins you get absolute SOA performance. Those interested in pretty cases and color OLED displays might elect to spend some more. One of the venues in life where knowledge (read ASR) buys you so much more for so much less. Thank you Amir.
That's right! Thanks @amirm ! When would we get such a spectacular product without ASR? And would we even recognize it?

Unbeatable value IMO

If only they added a cheap gain switch to allow it to clear 16bit at 50mv I think this would be the be-all-end-all for DAC/AMP recs.

Very tempted to buy, but also stuck in the eternal loop of innovation anticipation for what is next.

Unbeatable value IMO

If only they added a cheap gain switch to allow it to clear 16bit at 50mv I think this would be the be-all-end-all for DAC/AMP recs.

Very tempted to buy, but also stuck in the eternal loop of innovation anticipation for what is next.
I think it probably could depending on the scenario.

if you don't already have a good DAC/Amp system then this is definitely a good contender today.

Unbeatable value IMO

It's been a while since we have seen such a ground-breaking value offer. They do not come very often.

Is there anything in the same realm that can also use stereo RCA inputs?

Does it have a decent preamp section or it's just adjusting the volume digitally?

Back
Top Bottom