• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking to upgrade Receiver

harleydave

My current receiver, Onkyo TX-NR696 is starting to act up, ( shut off by itself, automatically going to menu items and then shutting down). I took the remote out of the equation just in case it was something with that. Being it's Christmas time I only have around a $700 budget. The Onkyo is less than a year old so I'm not looking for another of the same brand. Because it's still under warranty I'm going to send it out for repair, and then I'll keep it as a spare or sell it. Any insight or recommendations greatly appreciated. Room Size is 14x20. Listening position about 10ft from front Stage. Current Speaker Setup:

All Klipsch:

Front L/R RP-600mii
Center RP-504cii
Sub RP-121sw
Surround RP-402s
Recievers I'm Considering, both Same Price
Denon AVR-X2700H
Yamaha Aventage RXA2A

Or any other recomendations under $800 with ability to go 7.2

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Denon is generally the better engineered receiver based on Amirs reviews here. If it has all the features you want id recommend that for your price range. If you can find a 3700 on sale stepping up to that gets you better xt32 audyssey room correction. That is worth the extra money if you can swing it or can find one on sale.

My current receiver, Onkyo TX-NR696 is starting to act up, ( shut off by itself, automatically going to menu items and then shutting down). I took the remote out of the equation just in case it was something with that. Being it's Christmas time I only have around a $700 budget. The Onkyo is less than a year old so I'm not looking for another of the same brand. Because it's still under warranty I'm going to send it out for repair, and then I'll keep it as a spare or sell it. Any insight or recommendations greatly appreciated. Room Size is 14x20. Listening position about 10ft from front Stage. Current Speaker Setup:

All Klipsch:

Front L/R RP-600mii
Center RP-504cii
Sub RP-121sw
Surround RP-402s
Recievers I'm Considering, both Same Price
Denon AVR-X2700H
Yamaha Aventage RXA2A

Or any other recomendations under $800 with ability to go 7.2
Try Accessories4less.com. Specifically, see if this fits the bill: https://www.accessories4less.com/ma...2-ch-x-95-watts-8k-a/v-receiver-w/heos/1.html

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Top Bottom