• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for speaker amp w/ sub out for DJ setup

Simfunk

Hello everybody! My completely analog DJ setup looks like this:

01.drawio.png

The problem is that there are a lot of controls I have to take into account: the volume of the mixer, the sub and the amp, as well as the crossover frequency of the sub. The relative volumes of the sub and the amp sometimes have to be adjusted to different songs. I would prefer a setup, where I only have to care about the volume of the mixer and the amp AND connect the amp via balanced connection to the mixer:

02.drawio.png

The only (?) solution would be an amp with sub out, like the SMSL SA400. But this one is quite expensive. Are there any alternatives around 200-300 €? Thanks a lot in advance for your advice!

OP
Simfunk

Simfunk

Thanks, I've seen this one, but it doesn't have balanced input. Or does the difference between balanced and unbalanced input not really matter in my setup?

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks, I've seen this one, but it doesn't have balanced input. Or does the difference between balanced and unbalanced input not really matter in my setup?
A300 has 270mV input sensitivity, so I don't think you will run into gain issues with single ended.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
Maybe look for an active crossover.

You can also get amplifiers with DSP, so typically you have one amp high-passed and one low-passed (or more for a multi-way setup). That won't work with your active sub, but if your sub has a low pass filter you could use a high-passed amp on your main speakers.

Last edited:
OP
Simfunk

Simfunk

Thanks, I'll check that. My sub actually does have a low pass filter:

03.jpg

FYI, here are the connections available on the sub:
01.jpg

And some technical details (in german, sorry):
02.jpg

OP
Simfunk

Simfunk

Well, I think I've found a possible solution: the Fosi Audio ZA3 seems to meet my requirements.

Edit: Preordered ZA3, will report once delivered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom