• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

looking for some advice on stereo system

helpmehelpyou

hey so I live in Japan and I'm looking to buy some diatone speakers, my current choice is the DS-77HRX but if you recommend something else below 40,000 yen that you think might be better please go ahead.

first of all I don't know if these speakers will be good for a digital source such as a phone or dap going into a DAC and AMP. it should be fine thought, right?

but anyway my main question is what kind of amplifier/receiver and DAC combo you guys recommend, I'm looking to do a stack so separate amp and dac, should I get a vintage receiver to match the speakers or is modern better quality?

also I would prefer to not use one of the chinese company amplifier and dacs like topping or shanling etc. japanese is fine, western is fine.

Top Bottom