• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for portable all in one streamer amplifier.

grandpixel

Forum Donor
So I have a pair of passive loudspeakers. I want a portable amplifier. I’d like it to be good quality. I also would like to stream AirPlay. AptX HD would be a bonus. Parametric EQ ability would also be great, with Dirac Live being a bonus there. It would be great if I could get all of this in one box, like a miniature 2 channel receiver. But unless there is a product out there I’m not aware of (which is very possible), it sounds like I might have to have separate components.

So I’m looking at maybe the Fosi Audio v3 amplifier, and WiiM Pro Plus for Airplay. Then maybe a MiniDSP DDRC-24 for PEQ and Dirac.

But if I’m having 3 separate boxes and connecting them with cables, it’s not the most portable any more. It makes me wonder if there is a small receiver that will do all of this.

Open to all of your suggestions!

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning

1694714845599.jpeg

Why futz around... One n done, just add speakers n subs

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So I have a pair of passive loudspeakers. I want a portable amplifier. I’d like it to be good quality. I also would like to stream AirPlay. AptX HD would be a bonus. Parametric EQ ability would also be great, with Dirac Live being a bonus there. It would be great if I could get all of this in one box, like a miniature 2 channel receiver. But unless there is a product out there I’m not aware of (which is very possible), it sounds like I might have to have separate components.

So I’m looking at maybe the Fosi Audio v3 amplifier, and WiiM Pro Plus for Airplay. Then maybe a MiniDSP DDRC-24 for PEQ and Dirac.

But if I’m having 3 separate boxes and connecting them with cables, it’s not the most portable any more. It makes me wonder if there is a small receiver that will do all of this.

Open to all of your suggestions!
Just buy KEF LSX, LS50 or LS60 wireless speakers and you don't even need the "one box." You can stream Amazon Music and Qobuz directly using the KEF Connect app.

Top Bottom