• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for kind advise on what hardware to get to assure reliability and decent sub integration

What would you go for?

• Hypex Ncore NC122MP (RCA) + Bluesound Node X

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hypex Ncore NC122MP (XLR) + Topping E70 + Wiim Pro

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Harman Citation AMP

• Used MiniDSP SHD Power

• Total voters

tkin

It's been a long pleasure to read along this forum for months. For my birthday I had decided to finally build a value setup. I'm seeking best value offering with future subwoofer integration. I plan to stick with the build for long, and would rather not touch it for around 10 years so reliability is really important factor.

Here I wonder if:
1) is variable crossover (Node) for both low/high pass really giving audible benefit over the just signal from E70 low pass on SVS SB1000 and not altered signal to speakers?
2) is RCA (Node) voltage going to be right without audible notice? I'm aware the XLR (E70) is preferred option of control.

Unfortunately I cannot add minidsp flex as then it exceed the budget criteria in my country (even RCA) as it has no build it trigger which is a must to wake amplifier without noticing it.

There're possibly two other solution yet it seems more problematic from what I had read:

- Used MiniDSP SHD Power - there's been mentioned in the forum the little noise while running + volumio subcription is not value attractive for me over long period of time I expect to use it

- Harman Citation AMP seems to be best overall winner for the money, yet I'm afraid it will malfunction or develop latter any noise while running.

Speakers are going to be either Denton 80th or Polk R200.
Appreciate your expertise,

ezublab

It's been a long pleasure to read along this forum for months. For my birthday I had decided to finally build a value setup. I'm seeking best value offering with future subwoofer integration. I plan to stick with the build for long, and would rather not touch it for around 10 years so reliability is really important factor.

Here I wonder if:
1) is variable crossover (Node) for both low/high pass really giving audible benefit over the just signal from E70 low pass on SVS SB1000 and not altered signal to speakers?
2) is RCA (Node) voltage going to be right without audible notice? I'm aware the XLR (E70) is preferred option of control.

Unfortunately I cannot add minidsp flex as then it exceed the budget criteria in my country (even RCA) as it has no build it trigger which is a must to wake amplifier without noticing it.

There're possibly two other solution yet it seems more problematic from what I had read:

- Used MiniDSP SHD Power - there's been mentioned in the forum the little noise while running + volumio subcription is not value attractive for me over long period of time I expect to use it

- Harman Citation AMP seems to be best overall winner for the money, yet I'm afraid it will malfunction or develop latter any noise while running.

Speakers are going to be either Denton 80th or Polk R200.
Appreciate your expertise,
Why are you taking about volumio subscription? It is free. Subscription is only for extra features (qobuz,tidal, multi room)

Top Bottom