• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for below $100 Streamer with USB Output only

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Actually, I prefer a dedicated streamer which has its own display and remote control. Previously I'm thinking to use Mac Mini but then it will become busy to provide the display, keyboard, mouse,etc.
With LMS the display is done via any browser. It means remote and display is you smartphone or tablet or computer...

Screenshot_2023-12-15-05-41-55-390_com.brave.browser-edit.jpg

You can also use a dedicated app (free and open source):

Screenshot_2023-12-15-05-43-10-502_uk.org.ngo.squeezer-edit.jpg

Last edited:
OP
O

OldTimer

Is the ifi zen stream the way to go? Anyone has bad experience?
Other will be eversolo dmp-a6 but it doubles the price.

tc2007

Is the ifi zen stream the way to go? Anyone has bad experience?
Other will be eversolo dmp-a6 but it doubles the price.
If you are willing to spend around $300, then the Blusound Node N130 (2021 model) is the best way to go. It has USB audio out too.

OP
O

OldTimer

If you are willing to spend around $300, then the Blusound Node N130 (2021 model) is the best way to go. It has USB audio out too.
I found the price is $500, almost close to the eversolo

tc2007

On the used market the N130 is around $300-$350, Eversolo is around $700.
Same with new prices, N130 is roughly 1/2 price of the Eversolo.

homeduck

Bought for 45$ the Radxa X2L. Daphile works on it in 15 minutes. Great SBC powered by some Intel.

very interesting stuff, how did you pack it? i see there are no official case while there is a kind of sub brand (palmshell) which plans to release a packed (passive cooling) product this year

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor

homeduck

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
great, I saw it in the radxa community forum. which version are you running, 2GB? how is daphile on that? is the fan noisy?
I use the 4Go version as my desktop computer since few months now (low impact on environment). I manage thousands of server in the cloud for our customers with it, I code some containers, use mainly Visual Studio Code, dBeaver and docker, with Ubuntu now. Fan is really not noisy but I guess for a Daphile (very low on ressources) player it's ok to not plug it.

homeduck

I use the 4Go version as my desktop computer since few months now (low impact on environment). I manage thousands of server in the cloud for our customers with it, I code some containers, use mainly Visual Studio Code, dBeaver and docker, with Ubuntu now. Fan is really not noisy but I guess for a Daphile (very low on ressources) player it's ok to not plug it.
so you are not using it with daphile anymore, right? I built a daphile sff pc based on asrock j4205 motherboard, it runs smoothly but I am now curious about this new "toy" .

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
so you are not using it with daphile anymore, right? I built a daphile sff pc based on asrock j4205 motherboard, it runs smoothly but I am now curious about this new "toy" .
You're right: I tested with Daphile and then I wanted to test with a lot of different OS. I tried Debian, Zorin and Ubuntu. Because of the low power I was not sure it was enough for my daily tasks, but I found it's enough... And it is less weight than a portable computer in my bag on my back (I use a bike to go to the factory). The only "missing" point is the lack of USB-C generic port for LAN, screens etc...

Top Bottom