• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

USB output for a Wiim streamer

carlmart

Don't you people miss having an USB output on Wiim streamers to link your external DAC to?

Perhaps Wiim is considering adding one?

It's the only thing that stops me from buying a Wiim streamer.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
WiiM has said a streamer with a USB output will arrive by 2Q2024

Nordling

Don't you people miss having an USB output on Wiim streamers to link your external DAC to?

Perhaps Wiim is considering adding one?

It's the only thing that stops me from buying a Wiim streamer.
To be honest I don't miss the USB output on my WIIM Pro Plus at all. I have both the SPDIF optical and coaxial connected to my DAC (to be able to compare them). The USB input of my DAC is already in use from my HTPC.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
I run Dirac Live from a computer. As I understand it, a WiiM streamer with a USB output would let me apply Dirac Live to a source input on the upcoming WiiM 'Ultra' streamer.

OP
C

carlmart

WiiM has said a streamer with a USB output will arrive by 2Q2024

Now, that's very good news. Let's hope ASR tests it, using a top grade DAC interlinked by USB to it.
I'm using such a system, with a Raspberry streaming by Ethernet from my computer,
To be honest I don't miss the USB output on my WIIM Pro Plus at all. I have both the SPDIF optical and coaxial connected to my DAC (to be able to compare them). The USB input of my DAC is already in use from my HTPC.
Have you compared a USB link with a coaxial one? I did and it doesn't even get close. Optical is simply bad.

Top Bottom