• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Golfx

Forum Donor
Oh they are cute as can be when they are juvenile and young but when the meat types get large they get pushy and bite legs and ankles through the rubber boots. They actually tried to take me down into the mud with them and I had to escape by running away and jumping over the heavy duty fence. :facepalm:
Former farm kid here—pigs will gleefully eat you if you stand still and do nothing.

Thomas Lutro

Forum Donor
This is getting unhinged. Yes, in the sensse of a door that opens on both sides, then topples over and falls on the floor.

I'm going to make sure my account has money to put where my mouth is. Erin, Amir, or both, I will contribute to your cost if this goes to court.

Wonder which holds up better if it comes to that, BSc/Bachelor of Science, or BsC/Bat shit Crazy.

Last edited:

delta76

Major Contributor
This is not normal behavior. I've gone from feeling a bit sorry for the guy, to hoping he goes bankrupt and loses his business.
My last piece of "most people are good inside" wants to believe he needs help for some personality disorder. But my rational thought is that he is just a jerk that is a bit too full of himself

delta76

Major Contributor
I think Eric is just trolling at this point.

Look at his grammar...

No major punctuation mistakes and then "worlds best piano's" - good god, man.

Perhaps this is all just a joke to him.
Frankly that is what bullies think as well. "It is just for fun". Or "it is just prank bro"
Nobody is laughing.

holbob

That Facebook post has reminded me of the Father Ted writer Graham Linehan. Lost his musical, his friends, his career, his wife, and his children, to rant about transgender people on the Internet. He's still going today - all because some woke people noticed one of his IT Crowd episodes was transphobic. Instead of apologising, saying it was a product of it's time, etc - he just couldn't back down. Everybody else moved on.

Ageve

eric_fb.png

edit: Please don't sue me.

Bruce Morgen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Mr. Alexander is way out of his depth trying to contend with ethical, technically adept folks like Amir. My guess is that he doesn't own suitable test gear for properly characterizing his products and relies on simulations, his ears, and/or his ego when making his lavish performance claims. IMO this is a case of a wannabe "Emperor" of eccentric speaker system design showing up stark "nekkid" and then taking umbrage when somebody notices.

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If it hasn’t already been said, I also feel bad for current Tekton speaker owners. Resale values ultimately will suffer and they aren’t cheap. The truth is, i would subjectively say they didn’t even measure that horribly. Just below where they should at that price. This whole thing just seems so ridiculous. People review diapers on the internet. Let’s sue if for some reason they are full of sh*t at the end of the day. Crazy times.

Freq451

Eric, Eric, Quite Contraric... Er.. Eric, Eric, Quite Contraryic...Um...Oh f+*k it! Somebody's off his chain and can't even see the (hypocritical) contradictions in the first paragraph of his post! I shall now retire to the back yard where I will be whistling nursery rhymes in 7/8 time whilst striking myself in the head with a brick...

Ninjastar

There's a post on the Tekton FB page where Eric says he "rolls" with Monster CEO Noel Lee, and shows Lee's home setup wih Tekton 1812's and other custom Tekton products.

Eric was probably inspired by Lee to use litigation tactics so freely seeing as Lee is most famous for trying to sue any company that used the word "Monster" in their product name or title.

He also claims Matthew Perry (RIP) had a Tekton setup in his home screening room. No photo or any proof of that though.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Eric was probably inspired by Lee to use litigation tactics so freely seeing as Lee is most famous for trying to sue any company that used the word "Monster" in their product name or title.
He sued my company for using the name Interlink. Of course, our products had zero to do with wires so eventually he desisted. But that certainly cemented my impression of him as being a bottom-feeding bloodsucking scam artist.

Go ahead, Noel, sue me for saying that. BTW, I have a pair of your interconnects and the only thing that saves them from being the worst ones I've ever used is the existence of Morrow.

dfiler

Marques Brownlee just posted a video titled "Do Bad Reviews Kill Companies?" This was after he gave the Human AI Pin a bad review, "The Worst Product I've Ever Reviewed... For Now". With 18.6 million subscribers, that's significant.

I'm guessing his channel's income and staffing makes threats of litigation less burdensome. But still the analysis is interesting. At his scale, perhaps the legal battle would pay for itself. Or at least he doesn't seem concerned with threats of litigation. He's more focused on the ethics for reviewers and what's best for consumers.

I'm mostly aligned with his thoughts. Though it's interesting that his take on this didn't address retaliation against reviewers. Is that because the audio market is different? Or is this a result of his relatively security from being a large YouTube channel?

The Worst Product I've Ever Reviewed... For Now

Do Bad Reviews Kill Companies

Top Bottom