• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Believe it or not, I credit taking art classes in college as helping me with that skill. Each week we'd have an art assignment and then we'd bring them in for the class to critique. At first, it's very hard to sit there and have your work picked apart! For me anyway, the first reaction is to take it personally. You can't do that, you have to beat it out of yourself. But that's what it takes if you're going to respond to reviews.
That’s a very good example. I remember also being unhappy with being critiqued in a photography class, but afterwards I felt that critique I received from my classmates was essential to my progress, even the weak, unsubstantiated kind of critique.

I read a story that a very old Giambologna related about his first meeting with Michelangelo. Young Giambologna brought him a beautiful wax sculpture that he just finished. He spent a fair bit of time to polish and make it look presentable. Michelangelo took a look at the sculpture and smashed it into a lump of wax. His words were, “Learn how to model before you learn how to finish.” It is unknown how the young Giambologna reacted, but the old and very accomplished Giambologna told about this as being essential for his development.

frabor

1712974246719.png

Not really, this is about a bully with a successful business threating to sue a hobby reviewer that works out of his garage with the purpose forcing a view upon the reviewer. Legal costs are so insane in the USA that many small companies become bankrupt when a bigger company with a bigger bank account prey on them. Disagreements happen, but the judicial should never be invoked in a situation like this.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 363379

Not really, this is about a bully with a successful business threating to sue a hobby reviewer that works out of his garage with the purpose forcing a view upon the reviewer. Legal costs are so insane in the USA that many small companies become bankrupt when a bigger company with a bigger bank account prey on them. Disagreements happen, but the judicial should never be invoked in a situation like this.
In Canada the pre-trial informal evaluation meeting by a full judge weeds out the unfair lawsuits. Mostly.... That might be something the USA could consider?

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
In Canada the pre-trial informal evaluation meeting by a full judge weeds out the unfair lawsuits. Mostly.... That might be something the USA could consider?

I had a case that was filed in Harris County District Court in 2017 that I didn't get to try until 2023. Google Alexandra Smoots-Thomas.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I had a case that was filed in Harris County District Court in 2017 that I didn't get to try until 2023. Google Alexandra Smoots-Thomas.

Former Judge Alexandra Smoots-Thomas of Houston, who was convicted of wire fraud and still faces an aggravated assault case, is no longer an attorney in Texas.

Yikes man, you should hire better lawyers than her. I'm sure you would have gotten heard sooner if you hadn't had her representing you. ;)

Old Iron

This is like a train wreak I can't stop logging into!
This is so wrong!
Hey, welcome to life!

So in his last video I watched. He actuality offered up the legal representation of his Dad for ASR litigation!!!!!!!!
Proof he thinks everyone he threatens is stupid! And proof of no concerns about conflict of interest!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
She was the Judge. I'm the attorney that couldn't get his client's case to a jury trial because her court was on ice while she was under indictment,
Just wow... I think in Canada for a civil case they would have arranged for the file to go to a different judge.

Rhubarb

This is like a train wreak I can't stop logging into!
This is so wrong!
Hey, welcome to life!

So in his last video I watched. He actuality offered up the legal representation of his Dad for ASR litigation!!!!!!!!
Proof he thinks everyone he threatens is stupid! And proof of no concerns about conflict of interest!
Lol. That was the “Scientific Audiophile” in his youtube video where he interviews himself playing “Eric Alexander”. He offered to spend his dad’s money to pay for ASR and Erin to lawyer up.

He has a running gag that his character funds his audiopihilia audiophilia (is that a word?) by spending his parents’ money.

It offered a nice momentary relief of tension for me, anyhow.

Last edited:

Old Iron

Nope my fault that it sounded like he offered his Dad's legal help.
Someone should look into his Dad's work history.

I am going to try to reconnect to an old client in the professional music business.
Did crazy cool work for them with accelerometer arrays on guitar bodies.
One of their principles was a patent attorney in a top 10 firm in the USA.

Have ASR contact me by my email soon please.

Old Iron

His attitude is going to tank his sales, ironically, so we'll see if he decides to blame Erin.
My advice is. Offer up his presentation room as all the same. Ask questions, listen get brochures.

I did some research. His concept is low mass drivers to articulate transients and also be dynamic and power efficient.
The array of tweeters are actually a center mounted tweeter. With a circular pattern of midrange drivers simulating a phase arrayed horn.
The other focus of his design is supper low mass.

Like I said before his speakers will sound like live sound PA speakers.
Not a fault! After all he is a drummer.

Be humble. Always extract the best in a person you can find.
Then you can walk away with something you found.
No one will take away.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
he didn't learn anything
Some individuals always play the victim. The facts are out there, the guy bullies those that he thinks he can get away with.
He thought he could threaten Amir into submission, and it failed. He thought he could threaten Erin into submission, and it failed again.
He will try again, maybe even as we speak.

One good thing came from this: reviewers came together and offered moral and financial support to each other.

I only wish we would see more Tekton reviews now, if only to be a thorn in the guys side ;-). Then again, there are vastly more companies that play fair, maybe it's better to look towards them.

Last edited:

aslan7

One of the amusing aspects of this fracas is that the anti-measurement people get extremely upset when their favored components are the subject of bad reviews by pro-measurement reviewers. Why do they care? I don’t get it.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Eric, earlier today

225779401_699e566dfa_b.jpg

iulianm

I never heard of Tekton until this "minor online controversy" happened but I personally think this bullying is the main reason why 99% of reviews online are only positive reviews (talking more about those from US).

To me it feels that a big number of reviewers just prefer not to publish a review if it's not all positive and as a consumer I have to ask: did the reviewer didn't get a chance to review the product or he reviewed it and was bad? and this is not only with audio gear but other consumer electronics, cars, etc.

The only help I can provide here is to contribute to legal fund (if needed).

Last edited:
Top Bottom