• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I'm pretty sure the normal thing is the attorney contacts YOU, and then you connect them to your own attorney.

But usually there's also some kind of recognizable legal issue, not just a misunderstanding about how a Klippel works.
Alexander’s lawyer is probably trying to help him out by negotiating some sort of face-saving standstill. May not be sinister, may be his lawyer thinking he better do the talking and get this settled.

ta240

Major Contributor
Most of us have given our opinion on the topic -some more often than others- and most of us have professed our support.

That said, hopefully the forum returns to normality soon, this topic seems to be monopolizing the forum now...
I'm nearly tempted to send in my Vali 3 to be tested just because I'd rather hear tubes being bashed than more of this...

Reactions: EJ3

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Somebody correct me if I'm mistaken: Wouldn't such a request normally come directly from his attorney?
No, in the United States, every state has a version of what is commonly known as the "no contact" rule. If a third party is represented by its own counsel, your lawyer can get in trouble with the state bar for communicating directly with the third party instead of through that party's counsel.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would advise against doing something like that.
Here, something like this would be seen as extremely dubious behavior, and the fact that @Eric Alexander has a lawyer who gets involved in such dubious games speaks for itself...
Even those lawyers with exalted status in the most elite firms are, by and large, "mids". Law is a profession for wordcels, not shape rotators. I've seen partners at truly elite white shoe and magic circle firms misunderstand technology in ways that would astonish the members of this forum. (There are exceptions, and I was impressed by lawyers at the firm then known as Kellogg Huber.)

Therefore, I doubt that any lawyer Eric can afford will be able to judge his technical arguments.

Golfx

Forum Donor
deleted

Golfx

Forum Donor
Yeah….listen to him ^, I’ve watched “Better Call Saul”….twice……and jeeez :oops:….Lawyers get up to some bad shit.
That is so funny

Katzz

Eric deleted my comment on his new video… This dude seems to only know how to silence his critics haha!
View attachment 362872
Can confirm this, Eric is deleting almost all the negative comments

001.png
002.png

Kip

Along the same lines with the importance of independent reviews:
I have a habit of looking at tonality on spinorama. I become disapointed when I see a ranking and the only test is from the manufacurer.
I take it with a grain of salt and don't have confidence in any decision support.
Am I wrong for this thinking ?

Roland68

Major Contributor
Even those lawyers with exalted status in the most elite firms are, by and large, "mids". Law is a profession for wordcels, not shape rotators. I've seen partners at truly elite white shoe and magic circle firms misunderstand technology in ways that would astonish the members of this forum. (There are exceptions, and I was impressed by lawyers at the firm then known as Kellogg Huber.)

Therefore, I doubt that any lawyer Eric can afford will be able to judge his technical arguments.
I agree with you, but what I find very dubious is to demand communication with the opposing party's lawyer without knowing exactly what it is about. In addition, something like this basically has to be done in writing first, especially when it comes to such specific topics.
I have been working in the fields of industry, planning, development and trade for over 35 years, but I have never heard of an approach like this. If someone came here and said, "My lawyer needs to talk to your lawyer. But you can't know what it's about," no one would take it seriously.
I'm just imagining the looks on our lawyers' faces if I asked them to do something like that. They'd think it was a joke, or I'd lose my reputation with them.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I agree with you, but what I find very dubious is to demand communication with the opposing party's lawyer without knowing exactly what it is about. In addition, something like this basically has to be done in writing first, especially when it comes to such specific topics.
I have been working in the fields of industry, planning, development and trade for over 35 years, but I have never heard of an approach like this. If someone came here and said, "My lawyer needs to talk to your lawyer. But you can't know what it's about," no one would take it seriously.
I'm just imagining the looks on our lawyers' faces if I asked them to do something like that. They'd think it was a joke, or I'd lose my reputation with them.
That part of it is odd, yes, though I guess I saw some unusual stuff in 10 years of representing big companies, investment banks, and the disgustingly wealthy.

Amir is free to say that he is not represented by counsel in this matter and request that Eric's lawyer contact him directly. That would save Amir a legal bill. Always good to know if the opposing party is serious before you lawyer up.

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
No, in the United States, every state has a version of what is commonly known as the "no contact" rule. If a third party is represented by its own counsel, your lawyer can get in trouble with the state bar for communicating directly with the third party instead of through that party's counsel.

Thanks for correcting me!

Roland68

Major Contributor

DearSX

Seems like he overreacted and still is. Hopefully things don't go too badly. Glad he is trying to make some progress away from going after Erin. Internet is tough though. A great design that measures and sounds well could be what is needed now.

Top Bottom