• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Roland68

Major Contributor
That part of it is odd, yes, though I guess I saw some unusual stuff in 10 years of representing big companies, investment banks, and the disgustingly wealthy.

Amir is free to say that he is not represented by counsel in this matter and request that Eric's lawyer contact him directly. That would save Amir a legal bill. Always good to know if the opposing party is serious before you lawyer up.
Amir doesn't actually have to do anything.
He was attacked about the recession, took a clear position and offered several options.
I haven't seen a substantive response from Eric yet, nor have I seen any metrics that would back up any of his accusations.
Eric says himself that he has no obligation to prove anything, but as long as he doesn't prove or can't prove anything, there's nothing but hot air.
At what point would action be required here?

On the other hand, the question arises in my mind as to whether Amirm and Erin should clarify with their lawyers whether certain statements from Eric should be refrained from.
A court injunction for defamation isn't very expensive here, but I don't know what it's like in the US.
In any case, it would put Eric under pressure and show whether he is serious. Then he would have to prove that his statement is correct and that both of them made incorrect measurements.
Sometimes attack is the best defense...

However, I prefer more peaceful solutions.

Last edited:

Old Iron

WOW watched the youtube clip.
Not a measurement in error. But a fraudulent measurement that needed to be addressed.
While first premised that the speaker might have been bought used!

coonmanx

LOL. This clown says that litigate doesn't mean lawsuit yet he is threatening Amir with litigation and "seeking damages". Funny how that sounds more like a lawsuit than a friendly get together between lawyers...
Screenshot at 2024-04-10 23-13-20.png

This guy talks out both sides of his mouth apparently.

coonmanx

Looks like this discussion has made it over to Audiogon as well. Checking other forums. But it is pretty obvious that this has now blown up and Eric is in damage control mode. Do you think that he might have learned anything? Doubtful...

Also over at Steve Hoffman Music Forums...

It's spreading and not in a good way for Tekton....

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks like this discussion has made it over to Audiogon as well. Checking other forums. But it is pretty obvious that this has now blown up and Eric is in damage control mode. Do you think that he might have learned anything? Doubtful...
Nope.. He has a personality profile that makes him control everything.

coonmanx

Nope.. He has a personality profile that makes him control everything.
I know a lot of people like that and they are not worth the time of day. Toxic people...

Very big character flaw when someone can't admit they made a mistake. Not only that, if Eric had simply not gone the way of threatening a reviewer, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. So he is not doing himself any favors with the double down doublespeak about "litigation does not mean lawsuits". That just comes off as being utterly ridiculous.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
He has a policy that he takes down speakers for every bad review over a 10 year period? How many bad reviews has he dealt with in this manner? The Ron at NRD incident was just a few years ago. Wonder who else dared to say something negative.

Old Iron

His speakers are just retreads of pro sound stage monitors. And some concepts of studio monitors. But more on that next week!
The room will be loud. With hand picked music that works with his speakers. Just as most rooms do.
The lesson here is. Out of all the speakers I own. My ProAc Response 4 are to most breath taking.
But also the most unforgiving to show all the flaws of average production and remastering.

Old Iron

Take with you the most demanding music in your heart.
Clear a path for everything simply right.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I think people should be free to talk about the issue as we wait for the Data, which we've all been told we should be expecting any time now.

Tune in tomorrow, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel

1712819732980.png

Roland68

Major Contributor

Also over at Steve Hoffman Music Forums...

It's spreading and not in a good way for Tekton....
If that's supposed to be damage limitation, then I don't want to know what the opposite looks like for him...:facepalm:

It reminds me of an applicant for my department who wrote verbatim in his application "I am trained, in the escalation of situations".
I didn't hire him.

Top Bottom