• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just to clarify, my earlier posting comparing the qualifications and education of Erin and Eric from LinkedIn was not at the personal level. From experience a person with an Engineering degree (Erin) is more likely to provide authoritative information in audio than a person without that education. If Eric did have a degree in Engineering he would have likely put that in his LinkedIn profile.

LinkedIn is widely regarded as a valuable platform for professionals in North America to showcase their qualifications and experience. It's commonly used for networking, job searching, and professional branding.
According to LinkedIn he's been the owner / CEO / president of Tekton for 18 years (IIRC), which predates LinkedIn being an important professional networking tool. So, it's not really surprising that his profile there is a bit sparse, since he apparently hasn't changed jobs in that time.

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
this would be a little more credible if Amir hadn't posted a screenshot of Eric's threat to litigate over the m-lore review
...and if Tekton published some explanation why the hell the have open holes in the bottom of the speakers...

On a different note why can't I see any graphics at Erin's site? Neither in Chrome nor Firefox, nor in Safari on a different machine-?!?

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
May we all agree to stop posting her until Erin's reevalutation (including some dubios plugs) is published, instead of vasting life time to read all of this?

Peace. Please.

DonM

According to LinkedIn he's been the owner / CEO / president of Tekton for 18 years (IIRC), which predates LinkedIn being an important professional networking tool. So, it's not really surprising that his profile there is a bit sparse, since he apparently hasn't changed jobs in that time.
“The first rule of thumb is to update your LinkedIn profile regularly, at least once every three to six months. This will ensure that your information is up to date, your connections are engaged, and your profile is optimized for search and visibility. Regular updates can include adding new skills, courses, certifications, projects, publications, or awards that you have acquired or completed. They can also include updating your headline, summary, photo, or background image to reflect your current professional identity and aspirations.” (FAQ from LinkedIn)

Last edited:

Bruce Morgen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
On a different note why can't I see any graphics at Erin's site? Neither in Chrome nor Firefox, nor in Safari on a different machine-?!?
Seeing all the photos on that site here using either Brave (Chrome sibling) or Firefox.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
...and if Tekton published some explanation why the hell the have open holes in the bottom of the speakers...

I have no issues on Erin's site using Firefox or DuckDuckGo....on pc laptop.

lordhumungous

> JA1 wrote: Regardless of how the manufacturer reacts to seeing the print, the text of the review is not changed.

If this is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, SP is on ethical solid ground and I withdraw any suggestion that it is not.
For a minute I thought you might be on shaky legal ground. LMAO!!!!!

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
On a different note why can't I see any graphics at Erin's site?
He’s still serving images from Dropbox, and this is all but performant. It will work one day, not the next. He should really just upload the images to his content management system, or choose something more scalable.

dday84

I think the mods wanted to leave the thread open in the spirit of fairness to give EA a chance to respond if he chose to.

However, it would be good for me if the thread were locked for a while, I need to stop feeding on internet drama and get some work done. :oops:

At this point 99.8% of the thread is just a lot of agreement and commentary on a simple consensus as @VintageFlanker clearly stated. If there's a problem, I'm part of it, I just find this kind of bizarre, self-destructive bullying behavior really fascinating for some reason

I feel the same and generally try to stay out of drama on the internet. This situation just fascinates me for some reason. I can't explain why other than I had read about Tekton 10 to 12 years ago when I was actively planning to buy new speakers at that time, and there were several strange, nonsensical, or off-putting things I had read about Tekton then so I scratched them from consideration. This year Tekton, and Eric specifically, is reacting and posting across internet forums and YouTube videos in a more aggressive and damaging manner, all in reaction to a couple product reviews. It is a train wreck happening in real time and I can't look away.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The first rule of thumb is to update your LinkedIn profile regularly, at least once every three to six months. This will ensure that your information is up to date, your connections are engaged, and your profile is optimized for search and visibility. Regular updates can include adding new skills, courses, certifications, projects, publications, or awards that you have acquired or completed. They can also include updating your headline, summary, photo, or background image to reflect your current professional identity and aspirations.
Respectfully, is this an AI-generated bit of text on LinkedIn? It reads unusually even and thorough for a forum comment. :)

DonM

Respectfully, is this an AI-generated bit of text on LinkedIn? It reads unusually even and thorough for a forum comment. :)
It was from an FAQ on the LinkedIn site. I’ll edit and place quotes around it.

I wanted to respond back to your comment and also provide some helpful notes for other ASR members with a LinkedIn account.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It was from an FAQ on the LinkedIn site. I’ll edit and place quotes around it.

I wanted to respond back to your comment and also provide some helpful notes for other ASR members with a LinkedIn account.
It's sound advice. My own LinkedIn is a bit out of date.

middlemarch

Forum Donor
You know, I think it would be great if we use this moment/event as an opportunity for those of us who have not yet become forum donors to do so. Translate words into action, so to speak.

It's pretty clear that Amir uses these funds for the benefit of the community, and if his "war chest" is beefed up, so much the better. Maybe look at becoming a Patreon over at Erin's site as well, which I have not yet done but will be doing shortly.

Just sayin'...

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The first rule of thumb is to update your LinkedIn profile regularly, at least once every three to six months. This will ensure that your information is up to date, your connections are engaged, and your profile is optimized for search and visibility. Regular updates can include adding new skills, courses, certifications, projects, publications, or awards that you have acquired or completed. They can also include updating your headline, summary, photo, or background image to reflect your current professional identity and aspirations.
I haven’t touched mine in a decade it falls to pieces :) it is wastly inaccurate and was not even good to begin with .
But I haven’t found the time due being busy with my career .

A squeaky clean linked in is as as suspicious as software/computer engineers in business suits :)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This is the 'old skool' way we were taught to save our engineering bacon:
202404_EngineersPen.jpg

That was before the pen gave way to computers and knobs/switches were replaced by automation.:)
Engineers got it easy in the 21st Century.:confused:

coonmanx

That's good news! I mean that's how it should be approached, there's not going to be any issues. (not read the later pages yet, so maybe this old news & there's been more developments since.)

EDIT: I've read all the remaining pages. Nope, this is the latest news. Good, there'll be no issues, no worries about a lawsuit happening now!
Does anyone think that maybe he is saying this because of all of the bad press this situation got? Possibly so. Yes, it is the way it should be but are we certain that there was no threat of legal action? Oh well...

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
To be clear, even today I have email from Eric asking to have his lawyer talk to mine. What they would talk about, he won't tell.

Top Bottom