• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Old Iron

How would that change anything? It'd just start the whole thing all over again.

The obvious choice for ASR members is to not buy from Tekton until they submit -all by themselves- a speaker to be reviewed. It "seems" that's the way things are headed. As I said before, it seems there's an agreement in place and the current ASR hostility is probably not helping things. Let those involved deal with it in a hopefully constructive way.
I admit I have not followed all the posts. That would be the best.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
FWIW it's back up at AH, apparently a rogue mod banned tekton....may have to sign in again to see it.

Old Iron

On that note. I live in Maryland. I have a UPS shipping account with Light freight as well.
I would be willing to help with shipping to members for reviews.

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
On that note. I live in Maryland. I have a UPS shipping account with Light freight as well.
I would be willing to help with shipping to members for reviews.
I feel that that is missing the point. The review has been done. The right to publish it is what is at stake here.

How would that change anything? It'd just start the whole thing all over again.

The obvious choice for ASR members is to not buy from Tekton until they submit -all by themselves- a speaker to be reviewed. It "seems" that's the way things are headed. As I said before, it seems there's an agreement in place and the current ASR hostility is probably not helping things. Let those involved deal with it in a hopefully constructive way.
Isn’t that the thing now? If someone has a product they’re proud of, they submit to ASR (and the others who do objective testing, BTW), and let the product stand on its merits?

There’s nothing to be afraid of, unless you’re trying to sell an inferior product for a premium price.

Other attributes beyond tech specs matter. As an example, I’m in the market for an end-game rig. I’ve decided I want active speakers [cough, Genelec]. And I want a preamp DAC with HDMI, two toslink and two coax ins. I want transparent SINAD and don’t want DSP (already baked in to the Genelecs).

But it ain’t there yet, or at least in a non-usurious price, at least insofar as I’m aware. So the tech specs of the top players, impressive as they are, don’t quite get me to a buying decision.

And that’s the use case argument all the players should play for, IMHO. The specs are simply table stakes thanks to ASR and the others.

Time for all to acknowledge reality.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The obvious choice for ASR members is to not buy from Tekton until they submit -all by themselves- a speaker to be reviewed.
Eh, it would take more than that from me. An honest apology & explanation, a genuine attempt to make amends with Erin / Amir, and submitting a speaker, AND the speaker measures excellently, and I'd start to maybe think about it.

If Eric grits his teeth and curses under his breath and sends in a speaker because he thinks that's his path back to respectability, that's not enough. That could just be a cynical tactic, not a show of good faith, which is what we're really missing here.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Only if the company would remove the clown.
? Was more thinking could help with waf with such goofy looking speakers as the Tekton bessel array models, thinking clown feet would be fitting. OTOH could just help with WAF in general for speakers if that sort of humor would help :)

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
unless you’re trying to sell an inferior product for a premium price
May I introduce you to... most of the high-end Audio industry? :D
Other attributes beyond tech specs matter. As an example, I’m in the market for an end-game rig. I’ve decided I want active speakers [cough, Genelec]. And I want a preamp DAC with HDMI, two toslink and two coax ins. I want transparent SINAD and don’t want DSP (already baked in to the Genelecs).
Very fair if that's what you need in the system. HDMI you can find, (it's less common because there is licensing involved) and 2x toslink + 2x coax is quite unusual. I think you can probably get it done with some coax / toslink 2-in-1-out boxes or whatever, but that may lack the elegance you're looking for.

anotherhobby

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Pretty happy with Gene's response on the AH thread...

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 7.37.44 PM.png

mmeysarosh

Same reply was posted on Youthman's audio channel. Its what I believe what one might call, damage control.​

@TektonDesign

10 minutes ago
Would the Troubadour review be live today if it didn't contain any provable mistakes?

Yes- absolutely! Here are the facts... I am protecting my brand and I have no problem with a review [good or bad] so long as it doesn't contain any mistakes. The review contained a couple of measurement mistakes based on a couple of simple oversights. In all fairness to Erin, the Troubadour is a unique loudspeaker that would throw the best acoustical measurement experts a bit of a curve ball - the speaker is even unique to the point of being allowed a US patent.

The measurement oversights have been talked about between Erin and I and Erin has agreed to remeasure the speaker. I respectfully asked Erin to pull his review temporarily and we're working together to ensure the measurements he publishes are accurate.

I believe we've got everything figured out and expect his review to be published again soon.

Eric Alexander
President Tekton Design. LLC

Top Bottom