• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef to announce new products?

Vacceo

Major Contributor
A Blade that has changed from Abstraction to Constructivism. ;)

jonfitch

Wish they coulda made it in a bookshelf format like Ref 1 size meh. Im guessing they dont want to cannabalize the sales.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The image got removed before I could see it. Dang. I guess I will have to wait for the reveal.

P.S. Just saw it on reddit site. I guess KEF listen and did what customers/people wanted. It seems they fused the LS50 with KC62 in a prolonged box. My first impression after seeing the picture was slightly underwhelming. I may change my opinion once I see and hear more.
That’s 3-5 grilles away from a must hear in whatever price class it ends up in.

I guess no grilles a good strategy to get people to buy new though. Most of the ones on the secondary market will have cone dents….

Descartes

Major Contributor
Here you go:
View attachment 201391

Haha @Soniclife was faster by a few seconds!
Ugliest speakers ever!
I was expecting something like this with the futuristic stand.

Also, curved front baffle like LS50.

Excuse my ms paint skills but I hope you get my point.

View attachment 201393

Some curve one-piece metal stands similar to this but shorter and integrated with the speakers.

View attachment 201394
supper design from Sonus Faber they need KEF engineering inside

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
FYI I deleted a couple of posts. The images in them were not for public showing. Please forgive me and know that it is for better good that we don't republicize them.

Descartes

Major Contributor
FYI I deleted a couple of posts. The images in them were not for public showing. Please forgive me and know that it is for better good that we don't republicize them.
When is the official release date?

dwkdnvr

Is that...a baby blade?
Pretty much looks like it, and it has me intrigued. Not that my R3 + Rythmik FM8 setup is lacking, but I've been unable to resist noodling on a DIY design that really is very much like this baby blade concept (albeit without the benefit of the cool KC62 driver tech).

I only got one look at the image and they didn't look so bad to me. If this is actually a real concept, I'm at least at the 'interested' level.

stren

Forum Donor
Well I guess that also confirms they were legit then. Suspect these will be out of my price range (while I hoped for the active mini blade - realistically anything beyond an active r3 + meta was going to be out of my range). It'll be interesting to see how they compare to 8351/8361s.

stren

Forum Donor
The final piece to the puzzle be to make an active center that can decode 5.1/7.1 and transmit wirelessly to any of the ls60w, ls50wii, lsxii

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Assuming that the midrange should be at ear level, they look insanely tall. Unless they have drivers on the rear. Cardioid?

I do hope so...

stren

Forum Donor
I can't imagine they will be taller than r7/r5, my guess is just perspective because they are so narrow?

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I hope this new project is the spearhead of a whole new set that you can build a HT with.

stren

Forum Donor
Also hope they do a walnut veneer like the r series, but I'm guessing they'll do similar color options to the blades.

Top Bottom