• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef blade 2 meta frequency response

Tangband

Major Contributor
Euro living rooms are around 20 to 30 square meters. In that space, you can get good SPL with relatively small speakers.

I see no reason for not using the Blades watching tv/films/gaming, so subwoofers in non-music content are a good idea.
5 Hz lower in any passive loudspeaker with the help of dsp = https://audioxpress.com/files/attachment/2721
Any modern, good streamer have this dsp option, like WiiM pro or eversolo dmp a8

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I dont know what Kef means with smaller rooms with blade 2 meta ( they say so in the paper , not my words ) .
I see that statement in a descriptive, non-technical note and in direct apposition to the description of the Blade 1 Meta and do not regard it in the same way as their technical specification of 1dB difference in maximum output. In my case, the Blade 1 Meta would have been inappropriate simply because they would block my view.

Last edited:

Ciobi69

i don't know where to post it, but im slightly pissed off, i even don't know how did it happen, those are my kef blade 2 meta, do you have any idea of what could i do for that little midwoofer waveguide pushed inside? :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_7715.jpg
    IMG_7715.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 122

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
i don't know where to post it, but im slightly pissed off, i even don't know how did it happen, those are my kef blade 2 meta, do you have any idea of what could i do for that little midwoofer waveguide pushed inside? :eek:
push in with ur fingers, the plastic waveguide (it is plastic?)

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
the thing is that 1 wave is pushed inside, the one on the right , i did try with some tape with no succes. the material is delicate like plastic
to be honest the wave guide thing is very common problem, but is a easy fix with ur fingers
gl

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
yep this one is pushed inside, i hope someone could give me some ideas
but thats the driver not the waveguide xd
thats physical damage, doesnt impact in the performance but if you bought the speaker new just contact the store

Ciobi69

curious or careless human, or a ghost

but thats the driver not the waveguide xd
thats physical damage, doesnt impact in the performance but if you bought the speaker new just contact the store
yea Thats the driver sorry i call it waveguide because its a coaxial lol. I bought it used from a Shop but dont know if kef will cover this..

steve59

Major Contributor
The warranty doesn't transfer. That's not plastic, something like an aluminum, magnesium, lithium composite that's got some useful advantages that are probably a teeny bit more practical for a speaker driver than plastic.

ban25

Addicted to Fun and Learning
yea Thats the driver sorry i call it waveguide because its a coaxial lol. I bought it used from a Shop but dont know if kef will cover this..
Yeah, unfortunately the shop is probably going to claim it was like that when you bought it because it's used. You might be able to remove the driver very carefully and then press that rib back out, hopefully without making the situation worse. On the other hand, you could just leave it as is and enjoy your music, safe in the knowledge that the dent probably saved you a pretty penny over MSRP. :)

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Yeah, unfortunately the shop is probably going to claim it was like that when you bought it because it's used. You might be able to remove the driver very carefully and then press that rib back out, hopefully without making the situation worse. On the other hand, you could just leave it as is and enjoy your music, safe in the knowledge that the dent probably saved you a pretty penny over MSRP. :)
no pls, dont press anything to that driver or the situation will get worse 99%, let the driver alone or just replace the unit in the kef shop and pay it...

Ciobi69

no pls, dont press anything to that driver or the situation will get worse 99%, let the driver alone or just replace the unit in the kef shop and pay it...
i will not touch it anymore, i even tried it yesterday with no results, by the way i am stupid, they sold it like this to me, i did notice it after 1 month, but it was a good price soo.. i will keep it.. thanks to everyone

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
i will not touch it anymore, i even tried it yesterday with no results, by the way i am stupid, they sold it like this to me, i did notice it after 1 month, but it was a good price soo.. i will keep it.. thanks to everyone
I would try to do a distortion measurement, and see if there is a difference between the pair. It's quite possible the difference will be tiny.

steve59

Major Contributor
There’s likely no audible problem. Fy, GP acoustics is the USA distributor and when I fried a tweeter in 1 R105/3 speaker they insisted on selling me a matched pair of tweeters. The blades are also matched pairs and look like they would need a trained tech.

ban25

Addicted to Fun and Learning
There’s likely no audible problem. Fy, GP acoustics is the USA distributor and when I fried a tweeter in 1 R105/3 speaker they insisted on selling me a matched pair of tweeters. The blades are also matched pairs and look like they would need a trained tech.
Curious how far you pull your blades out into the room given the side firing drivers?

steve59

Major Contributor
I try and keep speakers a few feel away from all boundary effects, and they're still rear ported.

EdW

Curious how far you pull your blades out into the room given the side firing drivers?
My blade 2 meta speakers are 95cm from the sidewalls and 85cm from the front wall as measured at the centre of the Uni-Q driver cone

Ciobi69

erin released the measurements from the patreon, i did check them, awesome speaker in every possible way,

Top Bottom