• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kanto TUK or KH80s

kyosurai

Hey guys,
I'm actually currently mainly looking at Kanto TUK and Neumanns KH80. Or will you guys recommend Genelec 8020D?
Just wanna ask for some advice between the two.
The price difference is around 225usd. So I'm curious which would be a better choice between the two.
Its gonna be a blind buy cuz I have no way of demo-ing them in a store. And purchasing them then returning will not be an option as well in my country (Malaysia).

As of the moment, I have no plans in getting a sub, as that would bust my budget.

Thanks for your help

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
These are quite different speakers. The TUK is aimed at consumers and has features (volume control on the front, Bluetooth input, etc.) appropriate for this market. The KH80 is a professional monitor and is expected to be setup and used by someone who understands (or wants to learn) at least a little about speaker placement and room acoustics.

Obviously the KH80 measure very well and are a favourite on ASR for that reason.

I've not seen any measurements for the TUK, but it is almost certain that they will fall short of the KH80 in measurements. There is a discussion of one users experience with the TUK on this thread... https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/kanto-tuk-for-pc-desktop.16502/

ozzy9832001

Get the Neumanns. The Tuk are not even close to worth the money. You are basically paying a prime price for the inclusion of the AMT tweeter. Rest of the specs are the same as the YU6 for about half the cost.

Top Bottom