• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kali MM-6

bsdinis

A seller by the name altomusic on ebay sells them for $209 each and ships them to my country for $39, but ebay charges $105.11 import fees...

Niconoclaste

Hi ! Does anyone know if we can pair one mm-6 (as primary) with an LP-6 ? :) Both are supposed to be identical acoustically, according to Kali, but what about DSP, amplification etc... ?

Last edited:

Niconoclaste

Where can the MM-6 be bought in Europe? I've been waiting for months to find these speakers for sale.
Here in Lithuania (they don't ship abroad apparently) :
Otherwise, if you can wait till 30th June :
And if you are really hungry :
https://www.desertcart.fr/products/510962051-kali-audio-mm-6-6-multimedia-speaker (you can change the delivery country by changing the URL address).

Last edited:

Ellebob

Forum Donor
You can definitely use an LP-6. Some of the dip switches have a few different presets for different placements like a credenza which isn't on the LP-6.

Niconoclaste

You can definitely use an LP-6. Some of the dip switches have a few different presets for different placements like a credenza which isn't on the LP-6.
Thanks !

On the second hand, it appears that de FR may be quite different (but I hope it's not the case when it comes to the output level considering an absolutely identical input) according to the Kali's charts (different smooting or different measurements conditions maybe ?). You can find the superposition below here : https://www.exound.com/articles/dba32a4b-d8b2-45e5-a47c-03dc10f28b9a
1685846743712.png

bsdinis

muziker (Slovakia) has them in stock and ships across Europe, but they're a bit expensive at 249€ each.
altomusic is selling a single speaker for $149 (pair for $298), but they're still selling the pair for $409, they are on ebay and they have their own website, but I'm a little hesitant buying from a US seller.
does anyone else have any other suggestions in Europe?

Niconoclaste

muziker (Slovakia) has them in stock and ships across Europe, but they're a bit expensive at 249€ each.
altomusic is selling a single speaker for $149 (pair for $298), but they're still selling the pair for $409, they are on ebay and they have their own website, but I'm a little hesitant buying from a US seller.
does anyone else have any other suggestions in Europe?
Go for Alto Music through eBay. This seller is reliable, very good service. And eBay updates the price accordingly to your country's sales taxe rate. At this price point, I don't see any competitor in Europe.

spalmgre

Go for Alto Music through eBay. This seller is reliable, very good service. And eBay updates the price accordingly to your country's sales taxe rate. At this price point, I don't see any competitor in Europe.
Why not paste the link to the Alto Musik shop on ebay. Search does not find same things as your country region will show different search results.

bsdinis

When I add the pair ($409) ebay automatically adds the EU scam tax, but when I add two single speakers ($149each / $298pair) ebay does not automatically add the EU scam tax.

Niconoclaste

Indeed, and then you just fill your information, shipping and taxes will be updated according to your post code, no matter your country/currency of reference.
Why not paste the link to the Alto Musik shop on ebay. Search does not find same things as your country region will show different search results.
I just did the search manually. Fortunately, there is no several seller called Alto Music, so here we go according to the first result :

ebay.com search for "Kali MM-6", no?

Niconoclaste

Kali did not design those one for mid/far field. If you want to add a sub, you better should go for the lp-8 v2 (or even for the lp-6 V2), not that more expensive but much more competent with a sub. If you connect a sub to the mm-6 though XLR/TRS, you loose the benefit of the digital inputs. Without any sub, forget the LP-6/mm-6 at 5m.

Triliza

Forum Donor
These VS Elac dbr62 for listening at 2-5m, small/medium room on stands?
For that distance, (at least) the DBR62 for sure. If you go to Genelec website and see the chart, you'll see that above 2 meters you have to pay a lot of money (~10k) to be sure that you'll have the desired spl if you need it. But you'll need also an amp, a DAC (or an integrated or AVR) so the total cost will be at least 3x for the Elac's.

bsdinis

Indeed, and then you just fill your information, shipping and taxes will be updated according to your post code, no matter your country/currency of reference.

I just did the search manually. Fortunately, there is no several seller called Alto Music, so here we go according to the first result :

ebay.COM dot com

Top Bottom