• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with 2-speaker setup

Maxdiken

Hello,

I recently bought a pair of Kali LP-8 V2 and I am trying to make them work on my PC by plugging them into the line-out connections of my Fiio K7. My knowledge in this field is limited so I don't know if I am using the correct cables. I am using 2 XLR to RCA cables, similar to these : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7PHD2V?starsLeft=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_apan_dp_CW3JPNTZQFXVKYGD2QAH&th=1 . Each XLR plug is directly plugged into each speaker and the RCA plugs are connected to the RCA line-out of the amp. Both speakers are turned on but they don't seem to be detected by the PC even though the amp is configured on the "Line" output mode. My headphones work fine when using the "USB" output mode. Am I doing something wrong?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Both speakers are turned on but they don't seem to be detected by the PC
There's no possible way for your PC to detect your speakers.
Your PC can only detect the FiiO USB DAC that you use to drive the speakers.

Since there is a chance that the RCA->XLR cables were constructed incorrectly, I'd recommend you first try a regular RCA->RCA cable.

Also, please make sure that:
-The K7 is set to USB input
-The K7 is set to Pre output
-The Kali is plugged into the K7's "Pre/LO" output, not into the Line in
-The Kali's DIP switch is configured for RCA input

Last edited:
OP
M

Maxdiken

Well it seems like you've already solved my problem. I thought I needed to use the switch the input to "Line", which doesn't make much sense now that I think about it. Simply setting the output switch to "Pre" was needed. Thank you for the swift answer.

Top Bottom