• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Just found this video thought to share.

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
I always think it odd when child birth is described as a miracle.

The fact there are 7 billion people on the planet would suggest that it's quite a commonplace occurance.

Not that I would actually want to go through it; looks like it smarts a bit. :oops:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
From a pure engeneering point of view. Every live is a miracle.

Just think about a fruit fly. Man what a advanced engeneering. And no iam not religious. Just looking at the mechanics, its a miracle.

Last edited:
OP
mononoaware

mononoaware

Addicted to Fun and Learning
After viewing this, the magnified/detailed process (some of which may be theoretical) definitely gives an impression that the process was definitely engineered.

I wonder. . .

OP
mononoaware

mononoaware

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
With an understanding of evolution (random mutation and natural selection), it makes sense how different life forms come to be the way they are, but remember no living creature is in its final form. There is only change. Including all of their flaws and vestigial parts that are no longer needed. Humans with appendixes and tail bones, and only one hole to eat, drink, and breathe out of? Dolphins got the better deal there. Whales with leg bones? Do they plan on returning to land some day? Such is the way of the universe.

OP
mononoaware

mononoaware

Dont think so.

Hmmm now considering it again, have some doubt.

But that process where the sperm has to navigate the Fallopian tube? area and with all the obstruction and challenges made me think it is engineered.

JayGilb

Major Contributor
After viewing this, the magnified/detailed process (some of which may be theoretical) definitely gives an impression that the process was definitely engineered.

I wonder. . .

It's amazing what a 3.5 billions years of evolutionary life cycles can create.
Humans do not process such large numbers easily and fail to understand just how evolution happens over such large time spans

OP
mononoaware

mononoaware

It's amazing what a 3.5 billions years of evolutionary life cycles can create.
Humans do not process such large numbers easily and fail to understand just how evolution happens in such large time spans

An opinion I have is that from the universes perspective, we have evolved and become “human” much more quickly than we perceive.

Almost Logarithmic in scale, so all this evolution has happened at an accelerating pace.

rgpit

Forum Donor
I always think it odd when child birth is described as a miracle.

The fact there are 7 billion people on the planet would suggest that it's quite a commonplace occurance.

Not that I would actually want to go through it; looks like it smarts a bit. :oops:
What is your definition of "miracle"?

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Hmmm now considering it again, have some doubt.

But that process where the sperm has to navigate the Fallopian tube? area and with all the obstruction and challenges made me think it is engineered.

I wonder. . .

Do you think cancer would be good engineering ?

OP
mononoaware

mononoaware

Do you think cancer would be good engineering ?

From what I know, cancer is caused by the natural healing process of the body.
It is the same process by which burn injuries heal.

So a pre-programmed function could cause an unpredicable response to certain circumstances.
Engineer’s can make mistakes can’t they?

tomtoo

Major Contributor
From what I know, cancer is caused by the natural healing process of the body.
It is the same process by which burn injuries heal.

So a pre-programmed function could cause an unpredicable response to certain circumstances.
Engineer’s can make mistakes can’t they?

Having a engine run amok is always bad engineering. Some kind of positive feedback without a emergency break.

OP
mononoaware

mononoaware

Having a engine run amok is always bad engineering. Some kind of positive feedback without a emergency break.

Okay. But initially comment was “impression that it was definitely engineered”.
So it could still be the engineer made mistakes. . .

By the way I am currently facing mortality my self.
Your cancer comment is based on the common idea that death is negative, or at least worse destination than life.
It is easy to say “life” is good I think, because most of the people saying it are alive.
It is like supporting the cause you know, it is easier to say death is a bad place worse than life.

Last edited:
Reactions: CMB

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Okay. But initially comment was “impression that it was definitely engineered”.
So it could still be the engineer made mistakes. . .

I have no reason to invent a engineer that makes mistakes, when evolution explains the situation much more easy.

Reactions: Wes
OP
mononoaware

mononoaware

I have no no reason to invent a engineer that makes mistakes, when evolution explains the situation much more easy.

Maybe this is where we are different. . .
I do not have much strong “faith” in beings more advanced/evolved than human.

OP
mononoaware

mononoaware

Dont get you? Maybe you could explain more detailed?

Sorry it seems I am speaking in my own head (only I understood).

Many people believe “superior beings” to be flawless or that they do not struggle with similar impulses and illogical actions similar to human beings.

I believe there exists a scale for superior beings and they can be “pathetic” and have the potential to be impaired/compromised.

Top Bottom