• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Just bought myself the SMSL DL200 DAC...

• Thread starter Deleted member 15767
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15767

Ordered yesterday via Amazon UK; lands sometime today :)

Decided to go with this as it means I can keep the Van Damme TRS to XLR cables I'm already running to my JBL 308P MkII studio monitors and can connect my M2 Mac Mini Pro via the same USB C cable too!

Decided not to add the Wiim streamer yet; want to see how I get on with this DAC first and mainly because all my music is on Apple Music and I don't use the likes of Spotify etc

Going to start to research headphones as well now so I can listen to music in relative P&Q; not sure whether to go with Gredo again or get some fully noise cancelling ones..

Looking forward to the DAC landing; will update and feedback on here when I've had chance to get it all connected and listened to

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Those are really good, it's a 5 volt DAC as well, and the remote is handy. The headphone amp has really decent power too. I've run the Topping A70Pro and A90d sitting on top of it, so it'll fit a full size amp on it if you need more someday.
There is a faint tick when switching bit rates, but my music is all the same, no never heard it except switching to a game at 48khz. I've been keeping it at 44.1 khz 32 bit since game sound effects are that or less, sometimes music is at 48khz but I keep that off when playing. It runs really cool too, you'll like it.

OP
D

Deleted member 15767

Cheers for that

It's auto selected 32BIT 192 on my Mac so leaving it at that for now

Just got The Gentleman soundtrack playing through it whilst i'm sorting the wires out behiond my office desk; it sounds bloody fantastic so far. Midrange is richer to my ears over the Scarlett Solo and that's no slouch TBH

Did play Blackbird by Alter Bridge first and the clarity on that track is superb; the string plucks really stand out

I'll throw all sorts at it later on from Nat King Cole / Frank Sinatra to Jethro Tull to SOAD / Mount Kimbie / Submotion Orchestra and more ;)

And yes; the remote is brilliant as it means I can sit in my listening chair and not have to move to alter the volume

OP
D

Deleted member 15767

So far very impressed with this DAC

It's got a superb sound to it; very full and detailed but there's no harshness on the top end/no thinness etc

Have been listening to all sorts today and it's impressed me with every track

ChenHui

The TRS interface of this product is very suitable for most monitor speakers.

Top Bottom