• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

CardiganB

Absolute polarity can be slightly audible but not night and day. Take a look at this thread:

One issue is that many recordings have it wrong as well.
(If I misunderstood and you only changed polarity on one speaker, that is definitely audible, there is a right and wrong way, and the thread I referenced is not relevant.)
Absolute polarity can be slightly audible but not night and day. Take a look at this thread:

One issue is that many recordings have it wrong as well.
(If I misunderstood and you only changed polarity on one speaker, that is definitely audible, there is a right and wrong way, and the thread I referenced is not relevant.)
Thanks but wrong on both counts. A130 are good with polarity one way and astonishing the other way. And I made the switch at both speakers so user error is not even possible considering that the performance did not diminish, or stay the same....it improved, and I verified using three amps, two cd players, and two sets of speaker cables.

CardiganB

The answer to your question is that A130 Stage were sold with a phase error, easily corrected at the binding posts. I know it sucks when the obvious solution is overlooked but yeah, it's really that simple.

Last edited:

flaviocc

Hi guys

Objective question pls:

Amp aiyima d03

Room size about 20m2

Speakers placement: rack and near the wall

What’s the best choice:

- JBL stage A 130

- pioneer sp bs22 (a guy here in my country have an old stock with 2 pairs in a box)

Musical style: jazz / acoustic guitars / vocal / country / soft rock / 80’s and 90’s pop

Thank you so much for point me the best option

Forgot about price: JBL is cheaper ( ~50 dollars)

Tks guys.

SMc

Hi guys
What’s the best choice:

- JBL stage A 130

- pioneer sp bs22 (a guy here in my country have an old stock with 2 pairs in a box)

Musical style: jazz / acoustic guitars / vocal / country / soft rock / 80’s and 90’s pop

Thank you so much for point me the best option

Forgot about price: JBL is cheaper ( ~50 dollars)

Tks guys.
Can’t do objective but for me Infinity Primus 150 > Pioneer B22.

flaviocc

Can’t do objective but for me Infinity Primus 150 > Pioneer B22.

Long time ago…. infinity Primus was my first speakers.

But today in my country I have to focus on the 2 speakers I wrote.

I have an option to buy a Polk Es 15 or Q Acoustic 3010i too.

But pioneer and jbl are cheaper.

SMc

I meant to imply a family resemblance between the Harman speakers. Check out the Stereophile review of the Infinity and the JBL review here for objective information.

Teeter

I have an option to buy a Polk Es 15 or Q Acoustic 3010i too.

But pioneer and jbl are cheaper.
I do have the JBL Stage A130's collecting dust. I thought they would be good sounding per original ASR review. They lasted 4 months, as were too neutral for my ears, listening to DD movies and more so for internet MP3 music. I also have the older Polk E-15 and were nice, right out of the box.

With the 2 speakers you have mentioned, I would lean towards the ES-15, for out of the box performance. Good luck with your decision.

flaviocc

I do have the JBL Stage A130's collecting dust. I thought they would be good sounding per original ASR review. They lasted 4 months, as were too neutral for my ears, listening to DD movies and more so for internet MP3 music. I also have the older Polk E-15 and were nice, right out of the box.

With the 2 speakers you have mentioned, I would lean towards the ES-15, for out of the box performance. Good luck with your decision.
Tks !!!

I read your saga with the speakers back and going LOL !

Now I have another option - Polk XT20 or 15 (15 it's better size for me).

I read the Erin's review on that and do no what is better line - ES or XT.

Tks !

EDIT - The review from Polk here is S15 not ES15, any difference?

Last edited:

Teeter

Looking at mfg specs on both Polks, ES being the newer, there isn't much difference, IMO. I'd go with the S15, as hardly worth going to the ES for a small difference. The crossover might be a little better on the ES.

flaviocc

Looking at mfg specs on both Polks, ES being the newer, there isn't much difference, IMO. I'd go with the S15, as hardly worth going to the ES for a small difference. The crossover might be a little better on the ES.
Tks.

I don’t know if I can find S15 here (I’m from Brazil). I’ll look for.

Some models it’s ok to find and others don’t. And we have the price problem. Sometimes a model that is cheaper in USA is more expensive here….

Last edited:

GoDawgs

I've noticed Amazon, Crutchfield, and JBL, etc. all are out of stock on the JBL Stage A130 speakers and do not expect a restock. Is this speaker being discontinued or is the model being updated or something? I ended up ordering one from Japan from eBay today so I wouldn't have to buy used.

Top Bottom