• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

CardiganB

Absolute polarity can be slightly audible but not night and day. Take a look at this thread:

One issue is that many recordings have it wrong as well.
(If I misunderstood and you only changed polarity on one speaker, that is definitely audible, there is a right and wrong way, and the thread I referenced is not relevant.)
Absolute polarity can be slightly audible but not night and day. Take a look at this thread:

One issue is that many recordings have it wrong as well.
(If I misunderstood and you only changed polarity on one speaker, that is definitely audible, there is a right and wrong way, and the thread I referenced is not relevant.)
Thanks but wrong on both counts. A130 are good with polarity one way and astonishing the other way. And I made the switch at both speakers so user error is not even possible considering that the performance did not diminish, or stay the same....it improved, and I verified using three amps, two cd players, and two sets of speaker cables.

CardiganB

The answer to your question is that A130 Stage were sold with a phase error, easily corrected at the binding posts. I know it sucks when the obvious solution is overlooked but yeah, it's really that simple.

Last edited:
Top Bottom