• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is my new 65" Tv mounted to high?

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Not sure why you're laughing - Sony's actuators are considered the best in the business (TV) and I think it has positional sound. I have not heard it but multiple reviewers consider them the best of all premium TVs.

I was entirely sceptical about the sonics of that system (I assume you mean the rear-mounted actuators that excite the screen surface which functions as the speaker diaphragm) and didn't think much about it because I wasn't planning to use the TV as speaker. But to my surprise the audio produced was quite good. And measured decently back when I tried it (not much bass, but that's a general issue with small TV speakers, not peculiar to that system).

Out of interest, how do you use it as centre channel? From macOS the Audio MIDI Setup sees my Sony TV as 6 outputs which I can't seem to merge into a single centre, and I seem to have to assign them all to something, which doesn't quite work out.

And back on topic I have mine on the low side: top of (55") screen approx the same level as top of floor standing LR main speakers (which is ~1200 mm (or 4 feet). Seating is on the low side, so things mostly line up. I'd never go high with a screen, personally, unless seating was semi-recumbant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom