• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is Montana Heaven...?

Digby

Major Contributor
I've been watching videos about abandoned towns in Montana and it struck me that it might just be Heaven, not that I know anything about the place mind, save for the fact these huge fields with little to nobody around remind me of a heavenscape, if you will. Probably Americans and those that know the area will have something different to say, but some of the images are very heavenly, to my eye.

What do you think, does Montana align with your visual conception of Heaven in this way, if not maybe you have somewhere else in mind?

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Having hiked in the hills of Montana and also having snowboarded on the mountains near said hills, yes, Montana is actually heaven. It's a very demanding sort of heaven if you actually want to live there, but heaven nonetheless.

middlemarch

Forum Donor
I love the place, visit every year, have for over 30 years. Great mountains, wide open vistas, plenty of good local microbrew beer, and you can set the cruise control for 87mph and cruise for hours and hours

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
MONTANA.jpg

That one ruskie knew his stuff.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yellowstone (TV Series)

middlemarch

Forum Donor
Not perfect, however, it can get a little nippy in the winter. And in the eastern (grasslands) part of the state it's amazing how much damage one of their hailstorms can do.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
I live in California. I'm sure the "quality of life" is better in Montana. I've never been there. I live in Silicon Valley which is mostly suburban and not "too bad". There is somebody living in some kind of homemade tent-structure by the freeway on-ramp that I take on my way home from work. (It's on public property, right by the on-ramp... Slightly dangerous...)

I like the more sparsely-populated areas, but I wouldn't want to be too far from a grocery store. ;) And I "need" utilities...

Somebody once told me, depending on where you are, you can drive all day in Montana and not see another car!

I've driven through Nevada and Arizona, and flown over the U.S. and there's "a lot of nothing", but there are always cars on the road when you're driving.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Just visited for the first time last month. Very well worth seeing. Perhaps a few too many sacrifices necessary to successfully attract a big city dweller like me on a full-time basis, but a fantastic escape.

20230811_145653.jpg

20230811_171802.jpg

20230811_144721.jpg

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I live in California. I'm sure the "quality of life" is better in Montana. I've never been there. I live in Silicon Valley which is mostly suburban and not "too bad". There is somebody living in some kind of homemade tent-structure by the freeway on-ramp that I take on my way home from work. (It's on public property, right by the on-ramp... Slightly dangerous...)

I like the more sparsely-populated areas, but I wouldn't want to be too far from a grocery store. ;) And I "need" utilities...

Somebody once told me, depending on where you are, you can drive all day in Montana and not see another car!

I've driven through Nevada and Arizona, and flown over the U.S. and there's "a lot of nothing", but there are always cars on the road when you're driving.
I'm in SF and my new place is within literal shouting distance of a grocery store. Lots of nothing in Montana, which seems like a real luxury coming from our part of the world... :D

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I moved from Napa, CA to Butte, MT. I loved it, deeply, and always wanted to move back there. It felt like a perfect home for me. Unfortunately, the job I moved there for was so toxic, I couldn't continue. No other work in my field, alas...

Alfred (my current home) is wonderful as well, and in a lot of similar ways, but will never totally displace Butte from my heart.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Someone from Montana told me it's not the end of the Earth, but you can see it from there.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Trivia: Tina Turner & The Ikettes – backing vocals

Top Bottom