• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is it worth it buying a miniDSP SHD with dirac if I don't have a sub?

Is it worth buying miniDSP SHD for 1k if I don't have a sub?

• Yes

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Willem

Major Contributor
It does not measure great, but I wonder if that would be audible. I only use it for the subs and at those frequencies human hearing is indiscriminate enough to make this a non issue. If I had to choose between effective dsp eq and a perfectly measuring DAC I would always opt for the former.
Very few dsp eq units measure that well, to be honest. In my own use case, I will use the filters in my RME ADI-2 DAC for the range 80-200 Hz.

D

Deleted member 48726

How's it affecting the sound quality though? Many members on here complained about it
I can't hear any difference in sound quality / noise with or without my DDRC24 in the chain.
And I can't live without it now that I know how important it is for the sound in the room and how I can get the exact EQ that I want.

I have used it for both 2.1 and 2.0 setups. It's a superb device. Best money I've ever spent in HiFi.

Top Bottom