• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2.1 Setup - Dirac Integration & MiniDSP SHD Options

Rotor

Forum Donor
Hi... I have the following setup ordered:

BlueSound Node (digital out) --> E50 DAC --> AUDIOPHONICS AP300-S250NC

I want to add Dirac Live and allow for the addition of a sub in the future (with HP/LP filtering).
I have the following thoughts based on my research and helpful feedback:
- MiniDSP DDRC-24 - Cheapest solution, but ties me to the inbuilt DAC
- MiniDSP SHD Studio - Digital only. This means another external DAC for a future sub but gives me the flexibility to change DACs as I might like. I presume this solution is technically fine...?
- MiniDSP SHD (full version) - Digital and analogue out. This gives maximum flexibility, but doesn't appear to give me anything above the SHD Studio (digital) if I will likely just buy a second external DAC and use the digital outputs anyway? Am I missing something?

I apologise for all the questions. I guess I'm just looking for confirmation (or otherwise) that I am seeing this all correctly and not missing something silly.

bibi2000

here my set up:
tv -> (Optic) MiniDSP SHD Studio (Coax) -> Topping E70V -> (XLR) BOXEM A 5517/N2 -> Kef LS50 Meta
(Coax) -> Khadass Tone -> T-rel Mini Mk3

I got the MiniDSP SHD studio in second hand and its coworking with the external DACs is just clean and great.
If you want keep the E50 DAC it would a option to consider.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This tread may interest you and by searching ARC Studio on YouTube many other DSP options are revealed

wandulus

Why not a MiniDSP Flex Digital? Its cheaper than a SHD, and you could still use the Node as streamer and the E50 as DAC.

Bluenode -> MiniDSP Flex Digital -> E50 -> AP300.

Top Bottom