• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is Hifiman He400Se good choice for audio production and mixing?

Liftro

Hello, I don't know if someone has already asked this, but my question is whether the hifiman 400se headphones would be a good option for mainly producing, mixing and, in the end, listening to music? Or is there another better headphones for my purpouse in this or little above price range? Thank you!

staticV3

Master Contributor
The three open-backed, over-ear headphones that are kind of unmatched in their price range are the HE400se, HD560S, and K612.
All three really should be EQed though.

Furthermore, the HE400se is a lot harder to drive than the other two, so may require a dedicated headphone Amp.

OP
L

Liftro

The three open-backed, over-ear headphones that are kind of unmatched in their price range are the HE400se, HD560S, and K612.
All three really should be EQed though.

Furthermore, the HE400se is a lot harder to drive than the other two, so may require a dedicated headphone Amp.
Thank you very much for the reply. I'm definitely going to use equalization with them and I don't worry about amplification much as I'll look for a headphone amp if necessary. I will look at two other proposals. I used to have a Sennheiser hd380 closed headphones and I liked the sound. I also had Akg k702 open ones and the truth is that I didn't like them very much.

Top Bottom