• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is Genelec1237 better or Neumann 420 better?

delta76

Major Contributor
Better in what aspect?

I would say both would perform fairly comparable. It is your preference of brand, look and feel. And maybe availability and dealers close to you

OP
sysfc6

sysfc6

Frequency response curve. Good.
Better in what aspect?

I would say both would perform fairly comparable. It is your preference of brand, look and feel. And maybe availability and dealers close to you

delta76

Major Contributor
As i said, fairly comparable

420 was reviewed by amir and it is almost as good as it gets

1237 is also great

1689414157559.png

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
Hi @sysfc6 in the last few days you have started a number of threads with "Is X better than Y". These are difficult to answer without context. You would be far better off describing your current room, current system and what it is you think you are currently lacking, or wish to improve.

Waxx

Major Contributor
Neumann wins always for me, so the KH420 is better. But it's on subjective judgement because objectivly they are very similar in quality. What fits you, only you can tell because the objective differences are very small (and one thing Genelec wins, the other Neumann, and always with very small margin). So like said, the space you use, the purpose and subjective preference will make the difference.

dfuller

Major Contributor
They're both good to the point that you can't go wrong.

Digby

Major Contributor
They're both good to the point that you can't go wrong.
I wonder how similar they sound and if when listening, blind, one can easily pick them apart, and so potentially have a preference.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

dfuller

Major Contributor
I wonder how similar they sound and if when listening, blind, one can easily pick them apart, and so potentially have a preference.
The 420 without a doubt extends lower but both have the response that I'd consider them full range.

Top Bottom