• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do you think the sound quality of the Focal Trio 11 Be or the Neumann KH 420 is better?

sysfc6

Do you think the sound quality of the Focal Trio 11 Be or the Neumann KH 420 is better?
Focal-Trio11-Be-−-Midfield-Monitor-3-580x629.jpg
neumann_kh420-1024x768.jpg

kongkong

Focal always has their own sound.. pro audio speaker and home audio speaker also.
see their off-axis directivity.
Looks like a jar or coke bottle :)

pierre

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The Neumann is objectively better. In practice, they are both excellent. You room needs to be very good to be able to hear a difference between the two. I prefer the look of the Trio (and I have a pair of the smaller ones).

1699170078356.png

From
and there is a review on ASR for the Neumann.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What does that mean? (it can play very loud before distorting.)
Exactly what it means. ;)
Assuming that "better" in this case, would be the more linear speaker for professional purposes... Then, the Neumann 100%. It is very close to a textbook perfect speaker in all regards (and is almost full-range). Focal is good, especially for a non-DSP monitor, but KH 420 is just on another level. By the way, both don't cost the same : I see 3400 to 3700€/pc for the Trio11 Be, versus 4899€ for the KH 420. Also, bear in mind that the Trio11 Be would soon be replaced by a new Trio11 (ST6), since it remains the lastest speaker of the line to be updated.

Last edited:
OP
sysfc6

sysfc6

Exactly what it means. ;)

Assuming that "better" in this case, would be the more linear speaker for professional purposes... Then, the Neumann 100%. It is very close to a textbook perfect speaker in all regards (and is almost full-range). Focal is good, especially for a non-DSP monitor, but KH 420 is just on another level. By the way, both don't cost the same : I see 3400 to 3700€/pc for the Trio11 Be, versus 4899€ for the KH 420. Also, bear in mind that the Trio11 Be would soon be replaced by a new Trio11 (ST6), since it remains the lastest speaker of the line to be updated.
The full name of st6 is

Top Bottom