• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Introduction

Hello folks,

i am new and i like to introduce myself with this first post.
I am 37 years old and i am a hobby electronic music producer. I am very into synthesizers, thats my main passion, these instruments.
I am from germany and i really appreciate the huge amount of high quality informations delivered here from @amirm and @solderdude and all the other people here sharing their experiences.
Been quite often here as a watcher.
I don't want to get sucked into this hobby to much because my other hobby is expensive enough.
My knowledge is kind of noobish.

To tell you about my preferences:
I like headphones very much and prefer it over speakers. I begin with akg 241 mk2 and then i bought a beyer dt 880. This is still one of my favorite headphones and i spend a lot of time with it. The dt 990 though i disliked because of the bass extension without subbass and especially the treble peak. It was way too much for me. So much that it hurts my ear while listening to it.
Then i wanted to buy a way better headphone and i compared the audeze lcd c and the sundara. I was very impressed by both but especially the bass in the lcd c was astonishing. I really enjoyed this headphone but overall, sadly it changed the music to much in stock tuning. Vocals, percussion elements for example sounded totaly different. I couldn't used it for music production and the treble was to weired for me.
I send both back and stay with the dt880.
Later i bought the lcdx. It was a very nice compliment for the dt880 and somehow i liked the stock tuning very much.
Even if this headphone isn't very neutral i really liked it. But i have to say that the lcd c was perfect for me when it comes to bass.
The lcdx is very expensive but it is also very universal. I can enjoy music, i can eq it sometimes and it led me to better decisions when it comes to mixing.
Now my dt 880 is gone. The left side is not audible anymore.
I searched for a headphone that takes the place of the dt880.
Yesterday i bought the sundara. I was thinking back and forth but i saw the sundara for 268 euro and the decision was made. Brand new for 268 euro is kind of a nobrainer i think.
So now i am here searching for an amp in another post.

Just a hello!

Zensō

Major Contributor
Apo and wavelet on the phone.
You might consider Sonarworks SoundID Reference and CanOpener Studio for your production system. It will greatly improve the translation of your mixes done with headphones.

Last edited:
OP
I
Is there a good combination of dac/amp for the sundara and lcd x which also fit into my music taste of electronic music?
Like 100 - 200 euro.
I think i need a amp at least for the sundara, better then focusrite 6i6!?

Zensō

Major Contributor
I think i need an amp at least for the sundara, better than focusrite 6i6!?
Here’s a thread where this was discussed:
This might be helpful as well:

Last edited:
Top Bottom