• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IFI PS?

Olli

Forum Donor
Hi, I am new to this very interesting place. I was wondering if I had missed it or if it was a good idea to have a closer look at the IFI PS which is widely used with lots of my frieds to replace the OEM PS that come with Routers, Switches etc - or even to poeer the Microrendu or SOTM SMS 200.
Mark

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hi there. Welcome to the forum. I have extensively tested the iFi Power supply with other USB/digital tweaks. Net summary is that it leaks AC current into system ground, usually making things worse than better.

But I will do an independent review of it so that it is easy to find.

Likewise I have tested the iFi DACs in other reviews but will do a stand-alone review for those too.

bunkbail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hopefully you can try it out with D50 too. microRendu performs worse with iFi iPower due to incompetent engineering in it, but I don't think D50 is the same, I'd love to be proven wrong though.

OP
Olli

Olli

Forum Donor
Super, thanks Amir and really looking forward to it!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hopefully you can try it out with D50 too. microRendu performs worse with iFi iPower due to incompetent engineering in it, but I don't think D50 is the same, I'd love to be proven wrong though.
Yes, you read my mind. That is exactly where I will start testing it.

For others, I need to split the USB power. I lost the cable I made before. Anyone sell a cheap USB power splitter cable?

OP
Olli

Olli

Forum Donor
And maybe you could even extend it to some other popular makes -HDPlex200, Teddy Pardo, SBooster, JS-2, e.g.?

Wombat

Master Contributor
After the Phono-preamps get a look-in. o_O

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
And maybe you could even extend it to some other popular makes -HDPlex200, Teddy Pardo, SBooster, JS-2, e.g.?
I have tested SBooster and it works excellently. But yes, I could do a comparison in the same test.

If the rest are cheap and popular I could try them but I suspect they are not.

OP
Olli

Olli

Forum Donor
the Uptone audio Js-2 is 925. HDPlex around 400 usd. I have them both, but unfortunately in Germany :-/

Wombat

Master Contributor
:) Which one of the phono pre-amps you want tested first?

NAD PP4: MM, MC and USB. https://nadelectronics.com/product/pp-4-digital-phono-usb-preamplifier/

https://www.amazon.com/NAD-PP4-Digital-Phono-Preamplifier/dp/B00DUJRGNC

Vs ART Phono Plus : MC, S/PDIF and USB. Alternative 9V DC supply is not included. (Note, this IS NOT the DJ PRO version).
http://artproaudio.com/turntable_preamps/product/usb_phono_plus-ps/

https://www.parts-express.com/art-u...ies-phono-preamp-with-usb-interface--245-8686

Thanks.

Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor
OP
Olli

Olli

Forum Donor
What about the Shiit Mani? Retails at 159 USD.

Wombat

Master Contributor

Schiit hasn't measured too well on this forum compared to significantly cheaper products.

bunkbail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Schiit hasn't measured too well on this forum compared to significantly cheaper products.
You mean Schiit dacs? Schiit SYS measures good for its price. I'm interested of seeing the measurements of non-DAC/amps of Schiit like the Wyrd, Eitr, Loki etc.

OP
Olli

Olli

Forum Donor
That‘s why I thought it might be interesting to give one of their cheapest products a shot...

Wombat

Master Contributor
The 'Schiit" response to this forum's measurements of their gear has been appalling. Let them enlighten their potential customers with performance measurements. :mad:

I wouldn't bother testing any more of their products when there are so many alternatives but it is not my decision. :eek:

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I will consider it. For now, we have not done any phono pre-amp measurements and I like to establish a solid footing there first with what we have and then can venture out.

Top Bottom