• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IEM with ANC for small ears

MarsianC#

Hi there,

A friend of mine is searching for ANC headphones. She has really small ears and prefers in-ears, TWS welcome. Will be used mosty in public transportation and around the house. Sport with music is not too important. Android Smartphone.
Edit: A sort of "transparency mode" would be great to have too.

Found this gem of a list:
1694159607611.png

Also had a good look around rtings. New Bose stuff seems to be good - I still run a round with QC25 (in fact just bought new pads, third time!). She'll test them next week too, but already complained about their hiss. Left side got a bit louder over time. Well, they are not new....
I'll receive my Zero Red today and plan to test if the nozzles/tips fit her ears. Knowing that my old KZ ZX10 Pros are a big no for her I have zero (lol) hope though.

So if someone with small ears got a secret tip.... please come forward :)
Thanks!

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
The Shure SE215/Aonic 215 fit my tiny ears very well and offer great passive noise isolation.

They're also available with TWS adapters.

The sound quality isn't very good from an audio enthusiast's point of view and there's no ANC.

OP
MarsianC#

MarsianC#

The sound quality isn't very good from an audio enthusiast's point of view and there's no ANC.
SQ isn't the biggest priority, but ANC is. I should mention that a "transparency mode" would be a very welcome feature.
Ahh and it should kinda stylish :)

yossarian

By "small ears" do you mean the size of the earbud enclosure, or the tip that goes inside the ear?

I had the second issue. At the moment I am using Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 with SpinFit CP1025 extra small tips.

OP
MarsianC#

MarsianC#

By "small ears" do you mean the size of the earbud enclosure, or the tip that goes inside the ear?
I'd upload a pic of her ear, but... no, sry.
Nozzle/tip should be small and enclosure not too big.

I'd take the new Bose QC Buds as they seem to measure pretty good with very good ANC. But I don't think their concept with the addional support-ring-thing will fit her :/

Last edited:
OP
MarsianC#

MarsianC#

Received my Zero Red, their nozzles are huge indeed. Only have TIN T2 to test against.

Nozzle diameter:
Zero Red: 6.7 mm
Tin T2: 6 mm

Anyway, this is about ANC :)

OP
MarsianC#

MarsianC#

At the moment I am using Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 with SpinFit CP1025 extra small tips.
Please measure the diameter of nozzle, that'd help a lot! Need more SpinFits anyway, so I could order some additional XS to test.

yossarian

Samsung Galaxy Buds 2: Nozzle diameter: 5.7mm.
Sizes for SpinFit tips are below. The smallest Samsung tips are too big for me, SS SpinFits are good.

02.CP1025-size-chart.jpg

heraldo_jones

Think there are two different fit tips. Something like your Zeros need to be in your ear canal, something like Airpods Pro/Bose/Huawei or similar just fit at the beginning of the ear canal. First ones provide great passive isolation, second ones provide near to none passive isolation and just isolates you by emiting negative waves against what they are listening through their mics. Dependending on the model first type provides better isolation while being (in some cases like myself) more uncomfortable.

Oso Polar

enclosure not too big
I've no experience with Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 but Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro IMHO have very good sound and ANC but the shape of enclosure is not great for small ears - they are rounded on the inside, so if the ears are shallow (which is common with small ears) then these IEMs will never fit inside properly - they will noticeably protrude outside and will be prone to falling out. And, what is worse, they'll not seal properly with any size of the tips because short nozzles will simply never properly reach the ear canal.

Top Bottom