• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I get no audio with SMSL pom100 pro and PS5

Pancreas

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I have Motu ultralite mk5

I connected to the MK5 optical out and got no bars on the audio interface software, but when I connected to optical in. I get bars moving on the optical input section of the software, but I get no sound through my speakers or headphones why

maybe this SMSL pom100 is not what I needed, all thanks to staticv3 giving me the wrong directions lmao

this device only has optical out

my Ultralite mk5 has optical in and out

why the hell do I not get sound through my speakers?

The PS5 recognizes the SMSL as USB headphones, but I get no sound either through headphones connected to my interface or speakers, I tried changing settings on my audio interface, but nothing works

What a waste of my time now I'll have to return this trash

@staticV3 told me to do it like this
PS5->USB->SMSL PO100 Pro->Toslink/Coax->mk5 digital in

what the hell is digital in. My mk5 has optical in

I get no sound through my speakers. Yes is UAC1, but my optical in is showing bars moving, yet I hear nothing. If I connect my headphones to the interface, I hear nothing

I wonder if is because my computer monitor has built in speakers, since the ps5 is connected to the computer monitor, but on PS5, I have the SMS usb headphones selected, instead of TV. I get no sound. This shit sucks ass tired of these stupid ps5s and their problems with sound

ultralite-mk5-rear-16-flat.png__1200x1200_q85_subsampling-2.png

Attachments

• sms2.png
    sms2.png
    182.1 KB · Views: 54
  • sms3.png
    sms3.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 55
  • sms4.png
    sms4.png
    269 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
That you get bars moving means that the PS5->USB->PO100 Pro->Toslink->Motu mk5 part of your chain is working fine.

What's left is to route the mk5's Toslink input to whatever output you'd like to use. Unfortunately I can't help you with that as I have no experience with using the mk5.

OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

That you get bars moving means that the PS5->USB->PO100 Pro->Toslink->Motu mk5 part of your chain is working fine.

What's left is to route the mk5's Toslink input to whatever output you'd like to use. Unfortunately I can't help you with that as I have no experience with using the mk5.

There is no way to do this.

I have connected to the optical IN on the mk5, that's how I get bars.

If you look at my photos in the optical input section, the bars are moving, but there is nothing to change or route

Only optical output has an option to route/source

I don't understand how to make it work

I want to get sound through my speakers

I change source at optical out, it won't matter as that's not where is connected. I get no bar if I connect to optical out

here is the manual, optical section page 24

OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

nevermind I figured it out

I had to raise the volume on main out lmao what an idiot

Attachments

• damn1.png
    damn1.png
    247.6 KB · Views: 51
OP
Pancreas