• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I’m at a wedding reception and

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audiophiles can be so fickle from thread thread.

There is cited bias happening. You have not measured a thing. And you’re judging the sound based on simple single listening impression. Where are the thread police that usually show up? :cool:

I didn’t see the rest of the set up, perhaps he’s playing, horror, Vinyl!:eek:

eric-c

Forum Donor
Audiophiles can be so fickle from thread thread.

There is cited bias happening. You have not measured a thing. And you’re judging the sound based on simple single listening impression. Where are the thread police that usually show up? :cool:

I didn’t see the rest of the set up, perhaps he’s playing, horror, Vinyl!:eek:
Imagine two weddings where the groom (or bride) is an "subjectivist" (ok audiophile) and the other an "objectivist".

A few minutes before the reception:

One the groom would be installing bass traps in the corner, going seat to seat with a umik mic and running REW making last minute EQ adjustments

The other groom would be biasing the tube amps, ensuring the cartridge is in alignment with the right tracking weight, and ensuring the cables are off the ground vs using gaffers tape.

In either case, you got to feel sorry for the bride.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What if they measured great? Would they still suck?
If the room is bad. But not many cheap PA speakers measure even vaguely great. Loud and proud is the way.

Top Bottom