• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to treat a room 2x 2metres low cost effectively

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

pierre

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Here’s no one for advice anymore???
ok let’s give it a try.
I would:
- add a panel on each side of the speaker (tame first reflections)
- add a panel above the speaker on the wall in front of you (maybe minimise flutter echo)
- add 4 panels and cover the ceiling possibly with an angle (minimise reflections and that’s the only place where you have space)
- add a big thick curtain (cheap and effective)
- if you don’t have one a rug (same)

it would be better to measure first. 7 panels and each of them should be at least 50mm thick ideally more. That will looks like a cave but that could improve the acoustic.

Hope that helps.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not yet. I don’t have speakers. But I wanna treat the room
Would suggest us foobar2000 incombination with Mathaudio Room EQ for free. An buy a usb measuring mic ( Umik 1). I got exeptional results.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m sorry for the late answer. I missed your post. This is what I would if it was my room.

1- Hand a curtain as much away from the window glass as possible and as thick as you can tolerate. This will absorb reflection.

2- Hang acoustic absorbers that have solid fronts and at least 3-4cm thick on left and right walls. Do not use shaped or unshaded foam. Position them imagining they are mirrors on the wall and as if you are seeing the reflection of the speakers. Examples:

3- If you want to do more a diffuser in the ceiling will be good but not to start with. Do the first steps and listen.

Last edited:
OP
K

KehaDNb

Garage idea would be bad. Not heated, moisture problems in the summer.

thecity2

Do standard acoustic ceiling tiles you can get from Home Depot for less than $1/sqft work as wall treatments for deadening sound?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Fill it with Acousta-Stuf or cotton waste insulation?

/Fuzzy
//Warm
///I'll let myself out

Flaesh

thet say that room modes are purly minimum phase
In reality, this is not always the case. Here is an example
1683473506540.png

39 is minimum phase, but 52 isn't.
would work for a single LP
IMO this acceptable for OP.

Top Bottom