• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How do I use this meter to measure Capacitance and others?

GabrielPhoto

Hi!
Out of curiosity I got this meter to test some of my cables like my RCA interconnector capacitance, etc but I just realized, I am not sure how to use it.
When I place it at setting I think I should be using, the number keeps moving for example from like .5 to 4.2 with one of the cables.

This is the meter

Sokel

Master Contributor
First measure it's own leads resistance as they don't seem too sturdy and adjust it with the knob to zero with the leads connected.
Then to measure,set it close to range that is sensible to measure (example 200 Ohm for cables as only a few Ohms are expected there,something like 0.5 to 3 Ohm).
For capacitance try small values for cables and let it settle.
Take these measurements as hints of course,you'll need a far better one to be accurate.

OP
G

GabrielPhoto

First measure it's own leads resistance as they don't seem too sturdy and adjust it with the knob to zero with the leads connected.
Then to measure,set it close to range that is sensible to measure (example 200 Ohm for cables as only a few Ohms are expected there,something like 0.5 to 3 Ohm).
For capacitance try small values for cables and let it settle.
Take these measurements as hints of course,you'll need a far better one to be accurate.
yeah looks like this is junk. Back it goes.
Thanks!!

Top Bottom