• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

High Sensitivity Speakers Issues

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Caramel valve sound = pleasant distortion?

Better than pheasant distortion. :eek: :facepalm:

1624666893200.png

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Why not get cheaper, better speakers and a cheaper, more powerful amp then feed it all from a USB DAC and an app that adds distortion to the music? Then you can even tune that caramel sound and have money left in your pocket.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The beauty of art is that it doesn`t have to appeal to all. I love Rembrandt and I love Dali but I think Basquiat are the doodles of a child. I appreciate the pure clean analytical sound of a solid state and also coloured textured sound of a valve.

Well, there's high fidelity then there's preference and they may be different.....what others' preferences are don't mean a lot to me.

OP
S

Silgalias

As a post script: I finished up looking hard at the Triangle Borea BR 03`s and the JBL Stage A170`s. However the Stage A170 were impossible to find in the UK perhaps due to the pandemic and I got a great deal on the BR 03`s getting the black ash look for only £283 which is less than I have seen the BR 02`s listed for. I have them mounted on a pair of Soundstyle Z2 stands. I am most impressed with the sound quality straight out of the box and am still in the process of burn-in so things should get even better. The sensitivity is listed at 90dB/W/M (though I have seen reviewers list it as 88. Notwithstanding it runs extremely well on my Dared MP 5BT hybrid valve amp (16W/16W at 8 Ohms).
Thanks to all for your contributions.

S. Ghosh

Klipsch definitely "lie" about their sensitivity specs. The Polk seems like maybe a decent option. At that budget, you're going to be limited to mostly bookshelf speakers, where 90+ db sensitivity is pretty rare.
Right .... in practical field it also seems that klipsch is lying ..... for example it's famous rf7 with 102 dB sensitivity is not playing so loud.

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The trick to lying is being right in your own way, even if not in any way somebody would expect. I am not a murderer! The gun did the killing. I simply pulled the trigger.

Top Bottom