• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

woof!

That's tempting, as I also find mine rather loose and it just sort of sits on my head, rendering the headband very uncomfortable.
Mine was just a little bit loose. If I tilt my head too much it felt like it'll fall but it actually won't.

Did the sound change for you with the higher clamp
I did't notice any sound change but maybe because I got a good fit with the original headband.

are you missing the horizontal swivel at all?
Nope, but this is definitely something you'll have to consider if you plan to use the hybrid headband. I just take the leap of faith and bought it :)

woof!

It looks like there are washers on it. Does the headband kit come with any washers?
Do you mean this?
he6se.JPG
That's the one that comes with the he6se v2. The kit comes with some stuff for Sundara: 8 washers but not that one, 4 small screws, and 4 of these
sundara.JPG

Dana reed

This combo slaps once I apply EQ to the HE6SE. Seems like getting the right tonal balance is much more important than getting the ultimate low SINAD, at least to my ears. Since this DAC has gobs of THD
C6890117-45F5-4C31-8EC0-3814F4DC8046.jpeg

ToddB

Forum Donor

MrEWhite

1AD39EEA-6297-4709-9765-75C25E773CB9.jpeg

Did anyone else’s HE6se V2 cables have these sort of bends/indents in them? I’ve used the headphones for a bit, and they don’t impact the sound at all (I think), but the cable was like this at different places out of the box.

keksinternally

View attachment 146373
Did anyone else’s HE6se V2 cables have these sort of bends/indents in them? I’ve used the headphones for a bit, and they don’t impact the sound at all (I think), but the cable was like this at different places out of the box.
Yeah, the cable for my V2s came with kinks right out of the box. Honestly one of the worst cables I've ever used, replaced it ASAP.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah that's the one. So total will be around 125+30. Not that much different in price.

Just note, a common observation with the audeze bands is that the inner suspension band goes all the way up to the metal band on most heads, ie it doesn't really suspend the phones. See amir's latest lcd x review.

Audeze customers have successfully received shorter inner bands direct from customer support but the accessory on the site might well be the (too) long one.

woof!

Just note, a common observation with the audeze bands is that the inner suspension band goes all the way up to the metal band on most heads, ie it doesn't really suspend the phones. See amir's latest lcd x review.

Audeze customers have successfully received shorter inner bands direct from customer support but the accessory on the site might well be the (too) long one.

Yeah, you can order the extended version of the yoke rod. Looks like it's 1 inch longer but it'll cost an additional $30.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, you can order the extended version of the yoke rod. Looks like it's 1 inch longer but it'll cost an additional $30.
It’s the suspension band that’s too long , the extended yokes are for those with really long faces.

woof!

It’s the suspension band that’s too long , the extended yokes are for those with really long faces.
Ah I see. Good that I got the one from Hifiman and it happened to fit my needs. The Audeze route seems complicated.

MrEWhite

Do you mean this? View attachment 145551 That's the one that comes with the he6se v2. The kit comes with some stuff for Sundara: 8 washers but not that one, 4 small screws, and 4 of these
View attachment 145552
I got the Hybrid Headband in today and you're right, it screwed right on with the HE6se screws. Much more comfortable to wear now! I did notice, for some reason, the screws won't tighten all the way, but it seems to work fine.

Last edited:

woof!

I got the Hybrid Headband in today and you're right, it screwed right on with the HE6se screws. Much more comfortable to wear now! I did notice, for some reason, the screws won't tighten all the way, but it seems to work fine.
I got mine tighten all the way. Maybe unit variation? Well, good that it fit you well. This headphone sounds great. It's my current daily driver.

Skeletor

I didn’t find the Hybrid comfortable enough, and I also don’t think it looks very good.

My solution was to buy and attach my favourite Hifiman headband, the "Newly Enhanced Comfort Headband".

5E9310C7-2921-48C2-8B98-1F4EF068E066.jpeg

Skeletor

How does that work? It doesn’t have screwholes or anything.

The enhanced comfort headband slots into the holes that are already there. You need to unscrew the existing headband screws, then take off the ear pads and pop the little silver grommets (which the screw go into) out of the holes, pushing from the inside out - bit of pressure with the end of a pen does the job easily. That clears the holes for the enhanced headband ‘pegs’ to slot right in.

Top Bottom