• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hi-End Floor Standing Speaker Production Process / 落地揚聲器製作過程 (音響製造) - Taiwan Speaker Factory

ErVikingo

Aint USHER the one making new versions of the Threshold amps?

Penelinfi

They don't have a heap of internal damping. One model I have doesn't have any in the lower half. Cabinet has a woody sound when knocked (curved ply + braces) I think that does contribute to the sound as it's "warm" and big (large cabinet considering woofer size. Maybe that's what they were going for. Decent sound generally though I feel it could be improved - maybe their 3 ways are better. Perhaps some additional damping would help .
They do look pretty nice. Magnetic grills would be a good addition considering they are meant to be listened grills off

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
No one is wearing ear protection for all the noise, sawing, hammering in braces.. :confused:

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Cool vid! Having been to a few factories over there, bigger and smaller, this definitely looks high-end / boutique to me. It's unusual to have some many functions under one roof - wood shop, building crossovers, building drivers... more often it would be one or two activities under one roof, and the parts move into one factory that builds the finished product.
No one is wearing ear protection for all the noise, sawing, hammering in braces.. :confused:
Indeed, one thing you notice as soon as step into a typical factory in China is that the workplace safety standards are far from what we're accustomed to in the west.

Reddoc

Wonderful video, thanks.
Shows how hard it would be for an amateur to compete at any price.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
come on guys, im very sure there is plenty of bending xcross, the pcb can beng and nothing happens, see videocards? these bend a lot because they are so big now

--

file.jpg

98ebe7_4d233dd089d3463c8890ca37733f39a3.jpg

Looks interesting anyway, and looks great

Penelinfi

Sometimes I wonder if they'll update some of their drivers or not. The 7" midwooders have been around for years. Same with the DMD tweeter. I think the alumag is new.

valerianf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
"the pcb can beng and nothing happens"
As an EE I can assure you that is a very bad practice: it can make cracks in the soldering and makes non reliable electric connection.
I am always loud against the ME that do such a design.
On other forums you can find customers that have reliability issues with a bent crossover PCB.

I hope at least that these speakers are cheap.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
here
As an EE I can assure you that is a very bad practice: it can make cracks in the soldering and makes non reliable electric connection.
On other forums you can find customers that have reliability issues with a bent crossover PCB.

they are their top of the line

apparently $38,000 usd

so very very affordable

Penelinfi

They are "good value" with relatively budget models to high end.

valerianf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
"They are "good value" with relatively budget models to high end.""
On another forum I saw a similar issue on a Focal tower speaker.
It was the mounting holes of the crossover Pcb that were not facing very well the enclosure drilling.

ME are not always careful with internal parts that are no visible from the outside of the enclosure.
For a budget value products I can understand, but when speaking of $xx,xxx speakers it is not acceptable.

Top Bottom