• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with loss of Hifiman HE-6

Shazb0t

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I just want to thank everyone for being so generous in support of me as a fellow member. It's really heart warming to see all of the support in this community. Frankly, I was surprised by how many of you were willing to donate to make me whole in this unfortunate situation. Due to the generosity of you all I have come out of this incident more than whole. Thank you for your care and help.

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't have a lot of spare cash right now, but I have some small items to offer in exchange for donations to Amir. Price includes USPS shipping from USA to anywhere in the world. Any import tariffs are at buyer's expense. I generally ship within 1 business day, but I can't guarantee prompt delivery times to destinations outside of the USA. All prices are in USD.

Intel NUC DN2820FYK mini-PC, for $50 Used, 8.0/10 condition, glossy black plastic top looks a bit dull from dust abrasion otherwise very good. Includes 4 GB RAM and power supply but no operating system, VESA mounting bracket or drive (takes any 2.5" SATA drive). Makes a great music server with Vortexbox, Daphile. I think this was also the model used by JRiver for their original Id appliance. Power supply is universal 100-240V type, but is fitted with USA-type 2-prong plug.

Fujifilm Instax SQ10 hybrid instant camera $70. Black, Used 9.5/10 condition. Includes 3 packs of film.

Tecsun Q3 portable FM radio, orange color. $20, Used 9.5/10 condition. Surprisingly good sound for such a small radio.

Merkurio

Ah, that is a good option since I already have yours. Let me circle back relative to some other options.

You also can review their HE6SE to see how it compares with the lost HE6, so maybe the owner of the original will be convinced with the proposal and you hit two birds with one stone for those of us who would like to see how they do it against each other. :)

Seems like someone at UPS knows about HE6's legacy...

I have a set of HE6SE V2's. I've owned them about 2 or 3 months however they've probably only seen (or rather heard, ha...) roughly 10hrs of audio playback. They are in great shape, no wear, no marks/scrapes, stains. I have been using a HART Audio 4.4mm 'balanced' head cable when listening to the He6se's because the included cables from hifiman suck worse than any manufacturer to date. I would be able to offer the sale if that is something that is up for considering.

just1n

Forum Donor
I know I’m new here and not an active poster, but I am a daily reader. I’d say the last few months of information and reviews I’ve read are worth the $25 donation I just made to help the site.

Amir, don’t let this discourage you. Accidents happen. It’s not your fault.

Edit: I did it through the forum “account upgrades” and not Patreon. Hope I didn’t send it to the wrong place.

Last edited:

SnoopKatt

I don't have a lot of spare cash right now, but I have some small items to offer in exchange for donations to Amir. Price includes USPS shipping from USA to anywhere in the world. Any import tariffs are at buyer's expense. I generally ship within 1 business day, but I can't guarantee prompt delivery times to destinations outside of the USA. All prices are in USD.

Intel NUC DN2820FYK mini-PC, for $50 Used, 8.0/10 condition, glossy black plastic top looks a bit dull from dust abrasion otherwise very good. Includes 4 GB RAM and power supply but no operating system, VESA mounting bracket or drive (takes any 2.5" SATA drive). Makes a great music server with Vortexbox, Daphile. I think this was also the model used by JRiver for their original Id appliance. Power supply is universal 100-240V type, but is fitted with USA-type 2-prong plug.

Fujifilm Instax SQ10 hybrid instant camera $70. Black, Used 9.5/10 condition. Includes 3 packs of film.

Tecsun Q3 portable FM radio, orange color. $20, Used 9.5/10 condition. Surprisingly good sound for such a small radio.
Sent you a PM :)

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Intel NUC is on hold for SnoopKatt!

If the other items aren't sold within the next day or so, I'll put them on eBay and post links here.

edahl

Donated $25. Recently shipped my HE1000 to Hifiman for an upgrade to the HE1000se and there's been no updates on the package for three weeks, since the day after I sent it. I fear the worst and feel you so hard.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks everyone for the kind donation. Due to huge generosity of member @Inner Space who donated his Focal Utopia to the member, he is happy. I now have this slush fund of all the donations on top of that. Please let me know if you want your money back. Otherwise, I will put the funds towards the forum.

Your support of me and the member who lost his headphone went above and beyond anything I could imagine. We not only share a great hobby, but also a great heart!

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Top Bottom