• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with loss of Hifiman HE-6

Alexanderc

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I’ve shipped thousands of items through UPS, FedEx and USPS. I’ve had some go missing, but as a previous post stated, they always came up. I hope these show up soon.
I have story about my wife’s engagement ring I’ll have to share sometime. It did turn up, but it was a stressful couple of months when she thought I wasn’t going to propose :oops:

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Two birds with one stone - I have a hardly-used pair of Focal Utopia I don't want ... if anyone wants them for $1500, I'll send them to you, and you send the money to Amir.
That is incredibly generous of you Inner Space. Wow, respect Sir.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Two birds with one stone - I have a hardly-used pair of Focal Utopia I don't want ... if anyone wants them for $1500, I'll send them to you, and you send the money to Amir.

Or, if no one bites, 15-20 £100 donations, each gets a raffle ticket for the Utopia.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Or, if no one bites, 15-20 £100 donations, each gets a raffle ticket for the Utopia.
Another great idea. What a creative bunch we have here. Of course so it does not look shady, I will decline the ticket.

Maki

Insanely generous. I already have a pair so I'll put myself at the very end of the list. The only reason for that is I think have one of the dark early models like the one Tyll first reviewed. I do have a HE6se I can part with but unfortunately I've torn it up to make it fit my fat head so it needs a new headband - and full transparency, I don't feel that it's as good as the original HE6.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm can you please elaborate on which gear you have that you might offer for sale? It might facilitate the fundraising efforts. I hope this situation is quickly resolved!
Agreed. Let me look through and make a list.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Donated $25. Hope they turn up.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Both the loss and timing are bad. Adorama frequently had the HE-6se v2 on sale with an email ad price (or slickdeals price) of $650. But, it appears they are backordered til August.

However, they also have had large stocks of Open Box Hifiman...full manufacturer's warranty, like new condition. They only show the HE-560v4 in stock now. BUT, they sold a Lot of HE-6se's and I would think it very likely they have some open box/full warranty not listed yet. So, worth giving Adorama a call to ask. They may also have some not listed new ones.

I got an OB HE-560v4 from them which was absolutely pristine. Plus, you can return easily if not perfect.

KiyPhi

Hello you all. Last weekend was a depressing one. I found out that the Hifiman HE-6 which I had return to its owner had vanished in UPS pipeline. :( This is the first package that I have sent out of hundreds that has gone missing. UPS quickly declared it lost on the claim and we are now working through the paperwork to get our shipping fee back and the automatic $100 insurance we have with the commercial account.

I could have paid insurance one everything I ship back but that would have cost us thousands of dollars by now. On specific instances members have asked for insurance and I have added that but in this case, we did not.

Given how good this headphone is, the owner is naturally very distraught over the loss. I like to make him whole somehow as he like others who loan gear, are serving the membership as much if not more than for themselves. I don't know what the options are for finding another unit. He is open to getting the HE-6SE but I am not sure of the availability of those either. And at any rate, these things are not cheap!

I like to see if we can raise the cash for equivalent replacement cost ($1,500 to $2,000 I am estimating). I can provide some of that, or sell some gear to raise that. On the latter, if you have seen something I have that I tested, please reach out to me with a good offer for this cause.

Otherwise, may I please have a show of hands on who can donate and how much? You can post it here or send me a message.

Also, if you have this headphone or the HE-6Se and want to sell it, please contact me and tell me the details.

Appreciate everyone's help on this. I have literally been sick to my stomach since I realized this has happened.
If you want to buy my HE6SE that I sent I might be able to part with it. I don't use it much and primarily had it for collection purposes. Might even do it straight across for an SMSL S-9 stack you measured. :p

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This pandemic has really messed up UPS and Fedex. I deal with this on daily basis because I get critical medical parts for diagnostics shipped to me and they have delayed the parts for day or two and even lost couple. I really feel for the owner of the HE-6, just chipped in with $50 to help.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
If you want to buy my HE6SE that I sent I might be able to part with it. I don't use it much and primarily had it for collection purposes. Might even do it straight across for an SMSL S-9 stack you measured. :p
Ah, that is a good option since I already have yours. Let me circle back relative to some other options.

Top Bottom