• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with loss of Hifiman HE-6

TulseLuper

Forum Donor
I'm @Inner Space and I'm very touched by the nice things you've all said about me. Now of course I find myself the recipient of all that good karma ... and I'm doing nothing for it, thanks to UPS's weird ways.

So ... time to double down!

Background: movies and TV (much more than the music business itself) get you gifts all the time. Some years ago I worked postproduction sound on a movie, in a suite Focal had equipped. The movie did good box office and won major awards, including for sound. Therefore the Focal people keep me on their Xmas list. Hence the Utopias, which were superfluous, because I only use headphones at my NYC place - and I already have a pair there.

Similar thing with Neumann - they sent me Senn HD820s.

It's absolutely not cool with me either personally or professionally to sell gifts for personal cash.

So ... here's the deal: I'll send you either pair, if you donate to ASR - $1500 for the Focals, $500 for the Senns. Chronologically @Helicopter has first dibs on the Focals. The Senns are up for grabs.

Again, sincere thanks for the nice things y'all said.

Donation complete. Thanks!

Inner Space

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
An anecdote about what I consider a typical experience with UPS: When Cream played a small number of reunion shows in London and New York in 2005 I was lucky enough to score tickets at MSG. They were delivered by UPS which threw the paperboard envelope in a puddle on my doorstep during a rainstorm. Needless to say the tickets and barcodes were destroyed. Ticketmaster was actually cool and easy going about sending new ones. In my experience it says a lot if your company has worse service than Ticketmaster...

Cool - I was at that MSG gig too. I remember the rain that week. Also I remember about a minute after the lights went down, about a thousand spliffs sparked up. There were cops on every staircase, and I saw them looking at each other, and kind of shrugging, like nah, let's leave it.

The night before, I saw 3 bands at the Bowery Ballroom for $15. What I love about NY.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Cool - I was at that MSG gig too. I remember the rain that week. Also I remember about a minute after the lights went down, about a thousand spliffs sparked up. There were cops on every staircase, and I saw them looking at each other, and kind of shrugging, like nah, let's leave it.

The night before, I saw 3 bands at the Bowery Ballroom for $15. What I love about NY.
20210414_221437.jpg

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
it would be nice to compare the 820 and 800s. oratory's measurements show a huge gain in mid low and low end energy in the 820

reminder that i'm also sending the dt880 600ohm through amir to the new owner

edahl

OK... so this is strange turn of events....

Get all of our shipments and what do I find? The darn HE-6 headphone box! They returned it to me. My shipping labels is not on the box. Only the outbound one is so they proceeded to deliver it again. I don't know what happened to my label. Either I forgot to put it on :), or it peeled off somehow. Either way, I have notified the owner of the unit and @Inner Space to not send in his Utopia.

I guess you all created such good Karma that it resulted in the headphone being found!!! :) Now I am back depressed that I put you all through this and caused you all to donate money and such. I am very sorry about that.
Keep it for the site!

Inner Space can send the Utopias to me in case I've lost my HE1000 :tongue_in_cheek:

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
If it makes you feel better, you can consider my donation a bribe to get that pair of Sundaras reviewed ASAP.
ASAP it is. :) Testing is done tonight. Will write up the review tomorrow.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I guess you all created such good Karma that it resulted in the headphone being found!!! :) Now I am back depressed that I put you all through this and caused you all to donate money and such. I am very sorry about that.
Don't. This case revealed how great company ASR is. IME much more worth than the hassle it created.

paolomo

Forum Donor
Considering the money I saved thanks to the things I learned in this forum, I’m happy to support the site, whatever the money is used for. “Free” always has operating costs.

Now, the anticipation for that Sundara review has surpassed that for Led Zeppelin IV :D

Top Bottom